Ad space available on people's armpits

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/25/ad-space-available-on-people.html

3 Likes

12 Likes

If you know your target market is people who sneak a peek at womens underarms… that kind of speaks for itself.

How much are they willing to pay for me to display one of their ads adjacent to my ass?

5 Likes

Meanwhile, Wakino is calling for aspiring models to raise their hands, as it has since embarked on a recruitment drive via its website.

I’m on that like right now!

4 Likes

NOPE!!!

9 Likes

This ad campaign stinks.

8 Likes

Even if they cannot recruit anyone, the recruitment drive itself has gotten people’s attention and has therefore served its purpose.

3 Likes

Gag%20Me%20With%20a%20Spoon

5 Likes

I feel like one hour of my life has just been sucked away.

13 Likes

2015-08-26-1440587656-1100360-1fRw07v3z4atC1cFqdWCqw

13 Likes

Trying to sell.

4 Likes

What has gone so terrible wrong with our society that we must insist on advertising at every possible moment?

Are non-targeted ads even effective anymore?

Is every waking moment, from cradle to grave, to prioritize consumerism? Perhaps I am naïve but I like to think my value in this society is in what I can produce (tangible or intangible) and not in what I can consume.

1 Like

Great. At a time when Hollywood just discovered this uncharted territory as a new area to scrutinize, judge and mock (google “Red Carpet Armpits” if you want to lose more valuable life-essence), ads pick up the ball and run with it. Should be good for everyone (including a dear friend of mine who is very self-conscious about her “abnormal” armpits…)

2 Likes

How about selling advertising space inside advertisements? :thinking:

3 Likes

Whose society? Dude, this is Japan. Your Euclidean rules no longer apply.

2 Likes

What could possibly go wrong?

4 Likes

That way madness lies…

If they are charging by the hour, it must be a temporary advertisement.

… released photos on its website showing how this ad strategy could be used by recruitment portals, acting schools, detective agencies and more …

Detective agencies?

2 Likes

Human society. We’re approaching a monoculture in terms of how businesses approach eyeballs as a revenue source. Western society has had a big impact on Asia, and not all of it positive.

4 Likes