Adobe co-founder John Warnock dead at 82

Originally published at: Adobe co-founder John Warnock dead at 82 | Boing Boing

4 Likes

9 Likes

Will his grave plot require a yearly subscription?

9 Likes

He canceled early and see what happened?

2 Likes

John Warnock, co-founder of Adobe and creator of Postscript

mucking about with Postscript (a fascinating programming language) lead me to discover Forth on which Postscript was based, and that lead to all sorts of fun little threaded stack languages for fun little Arduino like devices; thus a nerdish forelock pull to Mr Warnock in his passing.

9 Likes

Sorry to say it, but I hate Acrobat: an app that ignores practically all UI conventions of the OS it runs on, and also breaks a whole bunch of UI design principles. One of the worst things is all the modes it has, with weirdnesses like ‘edit’ and ‘fill’ being different, for example.

3 Likes

Postscript is good and still very useful and yeah I remember diving into postscript 25+ years ago when I converted some stuff written in nroff/troff to postscript.

Adobe though, is and has been a turd. I remember Photoshop as the first piece of software that wanted to charge me to rent it. I’ve been using GIMP ever since.

3 Likes

I also wonder if the font on his tombstone will expire soon. (If it’s a type 2 font)

1 Like

Gone in a Flash. What a Shockwave.

3 Likes

1 Like

His car sucked too.

4 Likes

Yes!!!

The only decent adobe photo shop in existence:

adobephotoshopliterally

3 Likes

Interesting read with a couple of very interesting links.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.