Afghan Whigs' Greg Dulli sings a hauntingly beautiful version of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"

Originally published at: Afghan Whigs' Greg Dulli sings a hauntingly beautiful version of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" | Boing Boing

2 Likes

This is great. The lyrics in their full version are depressing as heck to begin with; leaning in to it is terrific for those of us that prefer gloomy catharsis in holiday songs. Thanks for posting this!

1 Like

Jingle bells jingle bells!

So, I guess that’s what you get for putting everything into matches in the age of mass distribution of electricity?

1 Like

My Christmas Party Piece (at the Folk Club) is Christmas Carols to a different tune.
This year it was “Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas” to the tune of “Jingle Bells”. It needs extra care on the last couple of lines, but it make it a much cheerier song.

I also had “Jingle Bells” to the tune of “My Lagan Love”. If you don’t know “My Lagan Love” it’s a slow and very beautiful Irish tune.

If you like upbeat Carols, try “Good Christian Men Rejoice” to the tune of “Happy Days are Here Again”, and “Oh Little Town of Bethlehem” to the tune of “New York New York”.
There's enough misery around without watching downbeat videos. My taste lies elsewhere.

1 Like

Wondrous version by Aimee Mann

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.