After attack ad, Toyota will stop backing Big Lie politicians

“Stakeholders” is one of the more obnoxious of the late 20th century corporate bullwords. I’m tired of it and I wish it would go away.

2 Likes

As we’ve seen with other big GOP donors, they tend to let the attention die down and then go back to business as usual. The public needs a longer attention span to make progress against the current political headwinds.

2 Likes

I’m betting my Democrat-Antifa Prius-driving friends are not so smug today. I stuck with a (Ford) gas machine last time around because I like driving a stick.

1 Like

I haven’t been a huge fan of Toyota North America (or whatever their US-based entity is called) ever since they moved their HQ from the LA area to that hole where Ted Cruz is from. I’ve got two cars in my driveway with their moniker on them, though, an 18 year old Tacoma and an 8 year old hybrid. I might look around different car lots next time.

1 Like

They seem to be presenting this as a positive, but doesn’t this just mean “we don’t actually believe in anything, we just need to make sure we don’t leave either side of the aisle uncorrupted by our influence, ya know, just in case…”

3 Likes

what surprised me is the size of the donations. like, im happy toyota is stoping, but 5 thousand dollars? it’s campaign pocket change

the real deal has got(?) to be the amounts they and other companies are funneling in through corporate pacs and lobbying groups. and who knows how much they’re paying

politicians are raising millions upon millions. you don’t do that at 5k donations a pop. heck, that lincoln project ad cost more than toyota gave any one person ( probably also in total ) - and toyota was the biggest donor by far

4 Likes

Because Ford’s history is squeaky clean. Oh, wait…

3 Likes
3 Likes

So much for LP’s digital footprint going flat (see article below). I think they’re just getting revved up again.

Article?

1 Like

I never said they were squeaky clean. I said I like to drive a stick and Ford had one. Hybrids, like the Prius, not so much.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.