This ad attacks Toyota for backing Big Lie politicians, and there are more like this one on the way

Originally published at: This ad attacks Toyota for backing Big Lie politicians, and there are more like this one on the way | Boing Boing

4 Likes

OH no! After too many RealLifeLore Corolla jokes, I finally bought a used one. I hope this doesn’t reflect poorly on me :confused:

4 Likes

I don’t trust the corrupt neoCons at TLP as far as I can throw them. I also understand that their goal here is to save their own skins from the Frankenstein’s monster they helped create. However, I do appreciate this highly polished effort to call out corporations that support fascist politicians.

12 Likes

Ouch, Toyota get’s a public spanking. They are hardly the only ones, just the ones we know of right now.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard, comrade.

3 Likes

Discounting the fact that political contributions would have been made BEFORE the election…
Toyota has 10 US assembly plants, all but one in “right-to-work” states. So, yeah, their money’s going to Congresscritters in return for tax goodies and keeping the unions out.

2 Likes

I like this tactic. If The People decide to vote with their dollars, the puppet master corporations will be forced to respond.

Holding our government accountable via thoughtful consumerism.

1 Like

1 Like

But did they need to throw the beloved hachi-roku in at the end of the ad??? eurobeat dis-intensifies

Pay attention to 0:30 of the video. They attack the party. Lincoln project used to identify itself as non-crazy, but Republican.
They appear to have given up on their party.

4 Likes

Good, we need to vote with our dollars so the companies put the politicians who aren’t insane in power. How fucked up is that?

1 Like

Toyota’s positions on various things are… not sensible.

In the EV space, they are very against battery electric after invested heavily in fuel cells. To the point of perpetuating lies of the environmental impacts of BEVs.

So yes, Toyota is an extremely problematic company in a number of ways.

2 Likes

Apparently “across the political spectrum” is the latest euphemism for “non-racists and racists.”

2 Likes
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.