Musk wants to keep other automakers from getting the tax assistance Tesla already saw

Originally published at: Musk wants to keep other automakers from getting the tax assistance Tesla already saw | Boing Boing

4 Likes

10things-hate-asshole-day

21 Likes

Yeah, he’s an asshole. But I still enjoy driving my Model 3, which I bought used so no tax benefit for me.

4 Likes

I don’t have any problem with people who enjoy driving Volkswagens as long as they do so without defending Nazis.

31 Likes

My grandmother once told me, about my love of German cars, “We do not forgive.”

14 Likes

Nobody wants to talk about how Herbie the Love Bug immigrated to the United States as part of Operation Paperclip.

26 Likes

Is that why they never looked in Herbie’s trunk?

Do they call it a trunk on a Volkswagen bug? I know the engine is in the rear.

2 Likes

There was that time Herbie ate a street urchin named Paco.

5 Likes

Musk might be a great big jerk, but it does seem smart business to deny your competitors a tax break, doesn’t it? After all the goal business is never the greater good, but always what lines the CEOs’ pockets.

4 Likes

“Dr. LoveBug; or How I Learned to Farfegnugen and Love the Bug”?

3 Likes

Did he pay his taxes?

11 Likes

That’d be a particularly dark gritty reboot.

2 Likes

Oh you :roll_eyes::smirk:

5 Likes

I just read that this tradition in big business is called “pulling up the ladder” which to me is a perfect metaphor.

6 Likes

I currently have a Ford Focus (bought both used and rebuilt). Henry Ford was a disgusting anti-Semite and I kind of wish I believed in a hell so I could wish he was rotting here.

8 Likes

Elon - Nothing is stopping you from enjoying the higher tax credit but yourself and Ayn Rand.

5 Likes

I can’t imagine thinking there might be shame in driving a car that’s commonly called the best car ever made, from a company that has done more to kill the internal combustion engine than probably any other company ever. But yeah the CEO is an asshole so lets boycot them!

Obviously just kidding, but if anyone can think of a car company that’s done more good than Tesla I’d love to hear it.

1 Like

With Elon Musk, every day is Asshole Day.

4 Likes

How about the St. Louis Car Company? They built electric mass-transit vehicles for many decades starting in 1887. The clean, efficient mass-transit systems they helped build made it possible for millions of people to get around without the need for individual, polluting vehicles that would otherwise be further crowding our roads. And their vehicles were really built to last! Some are still in service to this day.

8 Likes

Maybe they all suck… ever think of that?

8 Likes