Mad Musk: Tesla CEO angrily headbutted car after safety sensor paused assembly line

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/31/mad-musk-tesla-ceo-headbutted.html

6 Likes

I wish Mr. Musk would take a nice long vacation.

A year should do the trick.

12 Likes

When a senior engineering manager involved with the system explained that it was a safety measure, Mr. Musk told him, “Get out!”

“And take your safety measures with you! Harumpf!”

10 Likes

So, how will this play out? Like Howard Hughes? John DeLorean?
A bit of both?

24 Likes

Sounds like it was simply an argument between an employee and a CEO, which is always a gamble for the employee. But I know I’ll take a disgruntled ex-employee’s word for it…

Don’t get me wrong, Musk seems off his rails lately, but this one is fishy.

2 Likes

Thing is Musk is a smart guy, trying to beat the entire field of production engineers at production engineering. He cant win.

In SpaceX he is a smart guy, exploiting government contracts in a space only occupied by Russians where he can massively reduce costs. He cant lose.

Sadly only one of these enterprises is publicly listed.

12 Likes

Please stop the piling-on Musk stories. You ain’t helping anybody with this ****.

2 Likes

Yeah we shouldn’t have to hear about how Musk is just another self-absorbed capitalist who would flaunt well established work safety measures for a few extra bucks.

It’s not like these kinds of stories are the ones that led to the regulations in question. Carry on.

43 Likes

10 or 15 years I think

9 Likes

Your take on this is exactly why we don’t need to hear it. This is Facebook quality bull**** because beschizza can’t seem to help themselves. Meanwhile, it is actually pretty effing important to the whole world that Tesla succeeds. Please stop the piling on. There are enough shills of big oil and big auto flooding the intertubules to accomplish the job without Boing Boing jumping on their bandwagon.

2 Likes

Says you. (With a mountain of hyperbole)

ETA: unsure if you are aware but bullshit and any derivations thereof are not censored here. Only ■■■■■.

17 Likes

Musk has to show the sensor who is the alpha.

9 Likes

Perhaps in Syria

1 Like

Isn’t media manipulation the best choice for stock manipulation if you want to stay out of jail?

Perhaps Mr. Musk is playing Mr. Beschizza in the same way President Trump does.

Replacing gas guzzling cars is important. But that doesn’t excuse bad behavior. People can support the former while being critical about the later.

25 Likes

Why do you keep censoring yourself?

Also it seems to me that it’s not Rob’s job to “help” anyone; bloggers blog about current events, which the community discusses.

It’s nobody else’s fault that Musk keeps behaving erratically in ways that could adversely affect his business.

O_O

38 Likes

A really great point. Also, a lot of the SpaceX tech was pre-existing but not yet refined. It had been developed within the traditional aerospace industry on the government dime, but kept getting shelved for political reasons (I’m thinking of reusable, vertical-landing rockets specifically)… All it took was someone to hire away some key engineers and someone who could also create an allure of cutting through government red-tape… A hype man.

Now that I think about it, it’s a bit similar to the transition of Arpanet into the internet.

4 Likes

Wait those are real eyes in that picture… are we sure @beschizza really posted this?

23 Likes

Says me, yeah, and most people who look at the electrification of our transportation sectors. Every piling-on article does damage to that prospect, and what is the benefit? Supposed knowledge? More clicks for Boing Boing? I submit it is not worth it. Not even close.

And you used the word “hyperbole”. “Mad” Musk? “Headbutted”? People here are commenting about unsafe assembly line conditions for heaven’s sake. Job done I guess.

This ‘article’ is from the WSJ ffs.

1 Like

What’s your view on reporting the fact that he smeared a rescue worker as a paedophile for making fun of him?

22 Likes