Mad Musk: Tesla CEO angrily headbutted car after safety sensor paused assembly line

We get it. You are disappointed in Boing Boing.

Let’s not derail this discussion further, please.

22 Likes

Flaunt means to show off, the word you want is flout (to disregard)

4 Likes

Lots of "'Ole Musky has gone nuts” stories recently…

If I was paranoid, I’d think some boingers are trying to short TSLA stock.

Wait a minute, I AM paranoid!!!

2 Likes

It’s ‘okay’ whenever a big, smart, rich White man does it… whatever “it” may be.

6 Likes

If I was paranoid I’d think Musk was trying to short TSLA stock.

10 Likes

Didn’t Musk want to buy back his own stock? Would be a lot cheaper if it’s… cheaper…

10 Likes

…well, that’s one way to increase my paranoia!

(Although pretty sure he announced it would remain public after discussion with shareholders. Probably to limit any effects of the SEC’s investigation)

Sorry, I didn’t see this comment before I posted one about the WSJ writers. I’ll bug off now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Brilliant guy having a meltdown at his lack of perfection. I am sure their are experts that can go in in and help you get to maximim efficiency on a production line. I am sure that would work better than just one guy with no such expertise telling the floor manager to turn off the safety equipment.

Between his labor practices, and the impossible hyperloop garbage and his bizarre press lately he really does seem like he is about to crack.

3 Likes

@burllamb

Dude, if you had read that Rob thought the WSJ article was bonkers perhaps you could join in on the fun and be less disappointed.

It’s Friday. Have a drink. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

or six…

21 Likes

The Thin Man!

9 Likes

A drink would be marvelous, but I am on the wagon for a while. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s important that electric cars and other emission-reducing measures succeed.

As far as the well being of the world is concerned it doesn’t really matter if this particular company or its CEO meet with success or failure.

25 Likes

What the fuck is that?

8 Likes

Given that Musk is rarely involved in the actual production of his cars (hence the ignorance of how the line stopping sensors worked and why), he has little understanding of the risk assessment involved in determining why those sensors were necessary, nor in the behavioral-based safety training involved in preventing people from becoming complacent in the first place so the sensor is simply the next step in risk mitigation. I see it as less a disagreement and more the case of shocking ignorance on Musk’s part, in addition to indifference toward the well-being of his employees. But it’s also not surprising coming from someone who thought to sell flamethrowers to the general public was a good idea.

7 Likes

■■■■■.

15 Likes

■■■■■? Moisture. Moistened moistening.

Edit: the filter apparently fails the Scunthorpe test. Need to make it stricter.

12 Likes

A moment of Tesla zen…

DimwittedUncommonAcornweevil-max-1mb

Carry on.

2 Likes

Apparently the word “moïst” freaks a lot of people out; I guess because it reminds them of vaginas or something. Rob thought it was funny, so he made it one of our few automatically censored ‘slurs.’

26 Likes