Alabama library flags a children's book because of author's "sexually explicit" last name

Actually not only two. I mentioned these two from Missouri as example.

I lived in Ohio and Texas back in 2014/25 for a year in each place, and I met all kinds of people (executives at work, inmigrants, CEOs from small companies, blue collars in a bar I used to go, a GF for like 6 months, etc). In total I may say I met 200 persons, and I had meaningul conversations with like 10/12/15.

Some of them sincerelly asked “Why USA is hated in other parts of the world?, what did we do?”. That means a total lack of knowledge of foreign USA policies or what is happening elsewhere. I remember at least 3 of those conversations, and were maybe 2 with college educated guys, an 1 with a vicepresident of a small company, that means, they were not rednecks / MAGAs / QAnons or anything. Also, they told me 95% of high school history is about USA history. And geography is like 80% based on USA geography. And 90% of Americans do not have a passport, so they are not interested or ever traveled outside USA.

I mean, I really know not all Americans are Homer Simpson!, of course not, but Trump got there for a reason, Boebert won again for a reason, Fox News is still in the air for someone, Hannity, MTG, Cruz, and dozens more are there for a reason.

I like your country guys, I really like the people, but you it is very sad the country being destroyed as it is now.

1 Like