Alan Moore's finished a one million word epic novel

Yeah but those were 1 million rubbish words

1 Like

Agreed. Moore just published a short story in God is Dead Alpha Book of Acts that was terrific.

1 Like

Iā€™m always happy to see Moore publishing something, because it means I get entertained three times. It goes like this:

What Moore did: solidly entertaining!
The movie they make based on what Moore did: Quite entertaining indeed!
Mooreā€™s spittle-flecked meltdown over what the movie did to his work: EPIC ENTERTAINMENT.

4 Likes

Ooooh, looks like itā€™s finally to be published in English!.

1 Like

1 and 3 - YESSS!!!

2 not so much.

1 Like

He started five of his eleven novels to date with a definite article. Weā€™ve had two of them with ā€˜ITā€™, there has been one ā€˜BUTā€™, two 'ATā€™s, one ā€˜ONā€™ and a ā€œSCALZIā€. Oh that of course was never published.

Somehow I donā€™t think weā€™re going to get a movie adaptation of a million word stream of consciousness novel with chapters in completely made up languages anytime soon.

1 Like

Fun fact: Alanā€™s beard is 95% monkey.

4 Likes

And 5% the blood of Christian babies.

1 Like

His opinion on Moby Dick doesnā€™t fill me with confidence, since I agree completely with his hypothetical editor.

admits that any worthwhile editor would probably tell him to shave about two-thirds of the book, but they canā€™t, and anyway he didnā€™t write it for them, and also get off his lawn. ā€œI doubt that Herman Melville had an editorā€”if he had, that editor would have told him to get rid of all that boring stuff about whaling: ā€˜Cut to the chase, Hermanā€™,ā€ Moore said.

Also, Iā€™ve been to Northampton a few times. I canā€™t imagine reading a book twice the size of War and Peace about the place.

Anyway, off to give Gravityā€™s Rainbow a bit more of a try. Damn thingā€™s harder to get into than Infinite Jest was.

I gave up on Moby Dick after it took two chapters for the protagonist to walk up the bloody beach and buy himself a pint.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.