All hail the pug in a rug

Originally published at: All hail the pug in a rug | Boing Boing

4 Likes

The rank only seems to go up if you’re looking directly at the pug… so the site is hacking your camera, yes?

Snug as a bug, that pug in a rug.

4 Likes

Huh - I am not seeing that behavior - it goes up no matter where I am looking, even if I cover up all cameras. Looking at the source for the page just shows a simple timer too. Nothing nefarious (aside from recruiting new members to the pug’s cult, but look at him sweet face - how could you not do whatever he wants…kill whoever denies him…)

3 Likes

The mouse movement animation is a nice touch.

1 Like

Maybe it was just an illusion of the timing, then. I was looking at it on my phone. For the first few seconds it was steadily increasing my rank, but then I sort of stopped and stared at the text and it ceased to change. Once I looked at the pug’s face again, I glanced down and it had increased once more.

I think the trend is that the higher the rank, the longer it takes to achieve. But I am a bit perplexed by the order of some of the ranks.

1 Like

Reached the ‘acolyte’ stage. That took care of step 1 on my to-do list. I’m primed for today.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.