"All-Star" but an AI attempts to finish the song after the first verse

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/26/all-star-but-an-ai-attempts-to-finish-the-song-after-the-first-verse.html

1 Like

This goes well with “Shrek Retold.”

3 Likes

I mean, I’d rather listen to most of these than the original

4 Likes

I don’t really understand the process with these, but I’ve noticed with all the AI Jukebox songs that it seems like it’s starting off extrapolating directly from the song, and it sounds fine, but as it starts to do its own thing it’s extrapolating from what it has created and it’s as if it gets into an AI feedback loop until the output is just noise. So there’s a sweet spot where it’s diverging from the original enough to be interestingly weird, yet still recognizable.

4 Likes

That actually is pretty much what’s going on ^^’ .

1 Like

I had no idea that all of my time spent on road trips scanning the AM and FM dials for radio signals was actually preparing me to understand these AI-generated songs.

<Throws out all my drugs>

1 Like

It’s… a little less bad than the original!

By “first verse” do you mean “first line?”

At first I was interested. Then I expected to get rickrolled. Then I hoped to get rickrolled.

Somehow it’s always relevant

1 Like

Ok. The closed captioning makes this epic… TURN THEM ON!

4 Likes

Holy crap, seconded! I watched through the whole thing a second time without skipping, and I wasn’t even forced to!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.