Aluminum flexible duct wiggles around like a giant worm

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/09/aluminum-flexible-duct-wiggles-around-like-a-giant-worm.html

3 Likes

I’d hate to be the custodian charged with keeping an eye on that exhibit. :loud_sound::sob:

2 Likes

Meh, if he’d managed to build a spinor out of aluminum tubes then I’d really be impressed.

The sphere spins but the tubes never cross… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

This is quite fun work, as is some of his other stuff. (Amusingly, looking him up to see more work, I thought, “wow, this guy looks like a k-pop singer” only to discover there is a singer with the same stage name. Pretty sure it’s not the same guy.)

It occurs to me that if you replace “motor and some stretch-flex duct” with “paint,” it would be a semi-accurate description of painting in the post-photography era, and an encapsulation of the common criticism by people who are ignorant of art. Or, really, art in any medium - it’s all, on some level, “just” fucking around with the materials, trying to see what works (within, granted, a complex contextual/conceptual framework, which is the tricky bit).

I imagine it’s a work that requires a fair amount of maintenance, in addition to being hell on the floors.

1 Like

Me when I try to reattach the tube from the dryer to the vent that is in a very tight space.

4 Likes

VwnrEgg-ezgif.com-optimize

4 Likes

This takes me right back to the dawn of Channel 4 when they had several shows with Australian Interpretive Dance Troupes. Fun stuff.

1 Like

Pilobolus?

1 Like

Mummenschanz.

1 Like

Kinda reminds me of some of the kinetic artworks of Arthur Ganson.

I especially liked his “Inchworms” piece, which is powered by you pushing a cart around:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.