Am I just weird?

I guess the idea of travel by horse would be a pretty crazy concept too for someone from a culture that had never domesticated beasts of burden.

“I’m going to go visit some of my family a couple hundred miles away.”

“Dang, bro. I guess you better start walking now if you’re going to get there before the rainy season.”

“Naw, man. I can make that distance in two weeks, tops. You see, I’ve got this 2,000 pound animal with metal shoes nailed into his feet…”

17 Likes

Yeah, but horses don’t make thousands of little explosions, at least if you feed them properly.

14 Likes

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

10 Likes

“So your plan is to sit on this monster and hope it walks to the place you want to be instead of just killing you?”

“Well, I do have to motivate it by kicking it once in a while.”

13 Likes

So is that weird? :thinking:

8 Likes

I’m gonna say no, as that seems like community service in a rural area!

10 Likes

Weird, or hot?

6 Likes

It may be weird to describe driving as if you’re talking to someone from a previous century, but a gedanken can be fun and enlightening. Imo, wanting to know where you’re going ahead of time isn’t weird.

5 Likes

Normal.

16 Likes

When I step into bright light I sneeze twice. Nothing too unusual there as around 10% of the population are sunsneezers.

But I sneeze like this.

15 Likes

I think Donald Duck is trapped inside that dog :joy:

6 Likes

donald duck yolo GIF

9 Likes

Taking my first physics class in high school before Driver’s Ed. is why they had to convince me that it could be fun vs. an accident waiting to happen*. My head was full of dire consequences. That was before cell phones and other vehicular distractions. :grimacing: Now, being as prepared as possible about routes and my destination lets me focus more on defensive driving.

Still, if I go out early when there are few cars on the road it’s possible to open the window, coast downhill, and do this:

excited pig GIF

:thinking: Is that weird?

Ok, knowing why NJ auto insurance rates were sky-high didn’t help, either.

11 Likes

I am also a sun sneezer.
I’ve made up a mini-song about it, with choreography. So when I get a spate of sun sneezes (usually 3 - 7), afterwards I lift a fist triumphantly in the air and sing, “Sun sneezer!” So the whole song goes something like, “Achoo! Achoo! Achoo! Sun Sneezer!”
Is that weird?

15 Likes

In a room where the lights have multiple switches, I have to make sure all the switches are in the “down” position if the lights are off. No idea why it bugs me if they aren’t “right.”

10 Likes

The rest of my household does the same thing, while I am totally chaotic and don’t care how the switches are positioned… They will cross the kitchen to make sure the switches are in the proper position… :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

No, that’s just psycho. No. No no no.

14 Likes

Drama Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

12 Likes

In my downstairs there is one switch where up is off. Could I rewire it? Sure, would take a few minutes. Am I going to bother? No.

6 Likes

I never remember to put on my seatbelt until I’m already out of my driveway. :grimacing:

8 Likes