Amazing pop art purses that look like real food

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/09/amazing-pop-art-purses-that-lo.html

2 Likes

I like the “taco” purse, I’d wear that.

4 Likes

None of this looks like real food, but the woman with the pancake purse looks like Kristen Schaal made out of plastic.

5 Likes

There is a good English translation of a recent interview she did here:

She is a real testament to the maker work ethic, when combined with social media savvy.

Well done!

Has anyone here bought any of her purses? I see from the interview they are made from ‘marshallowey’ clay - really light and soft and rock hard when it dries - and mattress foam. I wonder how the purse openings work, and how robust they are. The donuts, pies, and Dutch pastries, all super fantastic!

2 Likes

The model is in fact the artist herself.

Well, pretty neat. It is not Cheeseburger Backpack - but neat.

6 Likes

I didn’t know Max Headroom had a daughter.

2 Likes

I love the cereal one but can’t figure out how it opens.

2 Likes

From the bottom:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/289102103/froot-loops-accessories-breakfast-food?ref=shop_home_active_24

5 Likes

I can’t figure out how any of them open, but presumably there is a narrow cut between the two ends of the chains. Argh, too late! From the bottom!

1 Like

I want all of these but the prices make the kitschy Betsey Johnson ones look like bargains.

4 Likes

Every Tuesday.

2 Likes

That way you can be sure to have the money on you to gladly pay for the hamburger purse.

4 Likes

Bingo!

One of my partners crocheted themselves a cheeseburger backpack for an event at their library. They’re still using it, of course! I’ll see if I can get pictures.

3 Likes

OK, I had to wait to be sure I had permission to share this …

The full outfit includes the “star” shirt, but does not include Misty, their feline helper. (He does provide a nice reference for scale, of course.) @CosmicCat can provide more details if they wish!

10 Likes

Nice! And cutie ¿calico?!

3 Likes

Thats pretty awesome, nice work! Did you see my kids Garnet costume?

Search for the Halloween thread.

2 Likes

It’s been two days, and nobody used the phrase “ham wallet” yet?

Yes! Or at least I’m pretty sure I did. I remember the discussion about re-purposing Hulk hands. I’ll have to make sure that @CosmicCat sees the pictures if they haven’t seen them already.

1 Like