Amazon's "Not making workers pee in bottles" tweet has people asking a lot of questions already answered by the tweet

Originally published at: Amazon's "Not making workers pee in bottles" tweet has people asking a lot of questions already answered by the tweet | Boing Boing

3 Likes

The scale of our exploitation is proof that there is no exploitation.

18 Likes

“Our employees don’t pee in bottles. If that happens to our contractors’ employees, that’s not part of our business practice and we can’t do anything about it.”

39 Likes

"Our associates don’t pee in bottles, they pee in ‘employee relief pods’ "

15 Likes

So it’s not proper to try to rebut a false claim?

I’m sure there are some that pee in bottles–they’re working in a large area and there are some people for whom the need to go is very urgent.

The point here isn’t that they’re rebutting a false claim because it almost certainly isn’t a false claim. Amazon’s employee abuses have been widely documented in multiple locations by hundreds of verified employees. There’s not really any evidence that this isn’t 100% factual.

Oh, and the claims being made aren’t about someone with a weak bladder not being able to make it to the John every 20 minutes; they’re refusing to give employees access to restrooms except on breaks (which counts against their break time, too).

14 Likes

Peeing in bottles is the ONLY thing I believe about Amazon.

2 Likes
14 Likes
8 Likes

“We don’t make them pee in bottles. They could easily order a “Stadium Pal” from our site and have it conveniently delivered to their door.”
/s

3 Likes
5 Likes

More like “calling additional unwanted public attention to a claim that Amazon knows full well is probably true.” Dumb PR move compounding inhumane working conditions.

10 Likes
9 Likes

I know a lot of the libertarian and republican twitterverse has been raging on Warren for basically threatening a corporation because they argued with her, but frankly, I’m fine with it. Corporations shouldn’t be powerful enough to challenge a democratically elected government official. They exist at the pleasure of the government to begin with. It’s high time the public sector got some of its spine back.

8 Likes

Poop bags

6 Likes

I know you know this, but even the argument in the tweet is ridiculous. She’s not trying to break them up because they criticized her. :woman_facepalming:t2:
She’s trying to break them up because she supports workers’ rights and fair taxation, and knows the dangers of monopolies. Gah.

10 Likes

She should advise them to tweet that at Teddy Roosevelt…

8 Likes

Techno-libertarians love it when they can concern-troll. Aging Gen-X tech bro Mike Masnick has had an axe to grind with Elizabeth Warren for a long while, so I can only imagine how gleeful he was when he wrote this concern-trolling article.

So many leaked memos about pee bottles.

The Wire Reaction GIF

7 Likes

Who Cares Judge Judy GIF by Lifetime Telly

3 Likes