America is not "polarized": it's a land where a small minority tyrannize the supermajority

Who is that guy on the left that looks like a rotting Lee Van Cleef?

7 Likes

A man who definitely should have never procreated; 45’s father.

10 Likes

If one is a rich White dude, I can tell you exactly what happens; pretty much nothing.

I agree. Crony capitalism. Something Rand rallied against in her philosophy.

None of what you wrote attempted to disprove what I wrote. I’m also not a fan of strong government, especially what Rand would consider to be her ideal strong government.

11 Likes

9 Likes

Dude… I get it that you’re a huge fan, but Ayn Rand is NOT the topic of this thread.

Go start your own post, if that’s what you want to discuss.

12 Likes
6 Likes

You’re correct. I was just commenting on a silly statement in the original article but I will stop defending Rand. All I ask is that people actually do some research before parroting the usual talking points.

You shouldn’t assume that because people came to a different conclusion than you about Rand’s philosophy that people haven’t read her or aren’t familiar with her body of work. Most of the people commenting to you have read her work and are familiar with her life story.

15 Likes

Ah but many of us here have, and we simply don’t share your viewpoint.

Thanks for acknowledging that you’re off topic, and for agreeing to stop derailing.

Have a great day.

13 Likes

As I facetiously pointed out above, nothing silly about it. If you want to comment on something silly, read those two potboilers (like I and others here have).

7 Likes

Yup. Someone definitely hasn’t read Ayn Rand.

9 Likes

I am honouring the request not hijack the topic. I hope everyone else will abide by this as well.

1 Like

Nope, I have not, but I did listen to Rush 2112. Pretty much the same thing. Neil Peart is arguably the greatest rock drummer of all time, but he is also an Ayn Rand fan of the not at all ironic type. Its a damn shame.

5 Likes

i’ve read “the fountainhead”, “anthem”, and “we the living” one time each. “atlas shrugged” i’ve read 4 times. i consider it the most monstrously evil book i’ve ever read. i thought of it that way the first time i read it when i was 14 and i’ve consciously chosen to reread it once a decade to remind me of the kind of evil claptrap people with real authority in our political system consider foundational to them.

13 Likes

@docosc @navarro & @DukeTrout; we finally have someone of a contrary (unpopular, even) opinion who is actually willing to abide by the CoC, rather than sealioning us all to death.

Let’s all do an Elsa, and get back on the actual topic.

16 Likes

you’re right. i admit i made my reply when i read the comment i replied to and not after i had read the rest of the thread.

to continue on-topic, one of the most important enablers of the phenomenon being described in the original post has to be fox news.

see-- Fox News was always partisan, but now it is rudderless and "anti-democratic"

and also be sure to read the jane mayer article linked to in that post.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.