America's most honest used car salesman explains AS-IS

You can trust him because he’s telling you not to trust him.

…Which is that: if you buy a car, any car, from him, its going to be a really, really shitty car. So, don’t trust “him”; that is, his cars. His cars will betray you.

2 Likes

So what’s their return policy?

/s

3 Likes

When did they go up from around 800? Are TE finished making them?

1 Like

An honest used car salesman? He’ll never work in this town again!!!

1 Like

Hate to be that person but here goes:

https://grammarist.com/spelling/warrantee-warranty/

1 Like

First and foremost a GREAT salesperson must be an honest salesperson. You can be a SUCCESSFUL salesperson and be dishonest (at least for a while) but you will never be GREAT.

2 Likes

I love how blunt and honest the guy is. Best car commercial ever

1 Like

I love this man. He should be teaching MBA marketing classes. I’m not joking or sarcastic.

Yeah, but I’m sayin’, that TruCoat, you don’t get it and you get oxidization problems. It’ll cost you a heck of lot more’n five hundred.

1 Like

I’m not sure if he’s ever heard of an implied warranty of merchantability.

But it has heard of him. And sometimes wakes in terror thinking of him.

1 Like

That reminds me…
Remember the YUGOS were so unpopular, they were offered as a
BOGO!?

1 Like

I’ve been to Fargo and Oxidation is a unique issue there… but never EVER order TruCote outside of Fargo.

Did you ever see the movie Drowning Mona? There was a whole town that all drove Yugos.

What you talkin’ ‘bout? “Y’all” is NOT mutherfuckin’ NSFW.

1 Like

I suddenly have the urge to buy a car from this guy.

The “rolls royce mechanics” part is priceless.

4 Likes

I bought a car from an auto auction once. I remember that their definition of “as is” was," If that thing breaks in two when you’re driving off the lot, call two tow trucks, because both halves are yours." I ended up spending $450 for a car with multiple problems that caught fire a couple of years later. I would have liked it if had been more reliable and lasted longer, but at that point I just couldn’t afford much better.

1 Like

“Warrantee” means “person to whom a warranty is made”; it is not a spelling variant of “warranty.”

Ah, the honesty of the Midwest!

38 The Spot wouldn’t even be running these ads.

I would happily buy a shitty car from this guy if I could borrow if from my mama.

“Fuck the windows. Fuck the radio. I guarantee somethin’ ain’t gonna fuckin work on a $1000 bucket. We are your LAST motherfuckin’ resort!”

2 Likes