America's whitest jobs

That certainly doesn’t appear to ring true in my part of the country. Perhaps those statistics are skewed by certain groups not being well-documented on paper?

2 Likes

Hello, we’re from the federal government! Do you have any dark-skinned people working in the trades or as agricultural labor? Mind you the rest of the government, including immigration, has unfettered access to anything you say!

Why no sir! I have no people being paid less than minimum wage here! Jose there is just deeply tanned! And he doesn’t work for me, I’m just letting him have some free apples!

It seems to me that the agricultural labor force around here changes with the season, and the paid-less-than-minimum-wage brown people move through around asparagus picking time. But you drive over the line into Pennsylvania and the illegals are fairly permanent residents, because mushrooms are grown indoors.

99+% of yard maintenance people in my area are illegal Mexicans. Nice people, for the most part, but generally pretty unfairly used by their employers.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.