An unintended consequence of New York's new clean water is a return of destructive marine borers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/25/an-unintended-consequence-of-n.html

4 Likes

They could just dump a pesticide in the waters. Seems like a simple solution.

EDIT:

I can’t believe I need to include the following:
/s
<sarcasm>
:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

yin and yang

1 Like

I read the headline as touting a return of “destructive marine boners”, and I was very confused for several seconds.

5 Likes

Probably not an indicator species that they were hoping for.

2 Likes

They’re edible!

5 Likes

The idea that anything can survive in the Gowanus blows my mind. Of course, I’m surprised that any timber components of the Carroll Street Bridge didn’t simply dissolve long before any teredos had a chance at them, so things clearly must have changed lately.

1 Like

See, Trump is just trying to save New York money by bringing back the harmless dirty water!

4d chess, all day long

1 Like

Are you unfamiliar with the phenomenon of solute diffusion through a solvent? Dumping a pesticide into the harbor just ensures it to spread elsewhere and, unlike with targeted spraying on land (to a degree), there’s no restriction of the pesticide to just the pests.

Masarap /s

is this missing a sarcasm indicator?

such as: /s

maybe?

Or sell the bridge so it becomes someone else’s problem. Where’s George C. Parker when you need him? Dead? Oh. Where can we find another conman with real estate experience?

4 Likes

1 Like

Should I pee in it?

//runs off to raise funds for a Carbon-fiber pier manufacturing startup.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.