Anarchist Cookbook author's decades-long struggle to bury his book

Back in my bookstore days, our favourites were the Paladin Press titles. It was always the same type of dude ordering them too …

3 Likes

What ever happened to them? Why is Uncle Fester’s “Home Worksop Explosives” no longer in print in this era of the internet? His books were always really good, with practical advice on avoiding blowing yourself up or attracting the attention of the authorities (though his repeated convictions for methamphetamine manufacture at the hands of the shit eating dogs in the DEA suggest that he wasn’t so good at that second one) and were not crappy cut and paste jobs.

2 Likes

Or if you don’t want to spend that much effort, Google Play books has a number of US Army manuals (including but not limited to “U.S. Army Special Forces Guide to Unconventional Warfare: Devices and Techniques for Incendiaries” and “U.S. Army Explosives and Demolitions Handbook.”)

2 Likes

Even before the Intermets, the handful of books like this that I did buy were in person, cash only. :secret:

2 Likes

=sigh=

A moment of silence for Loompanics, if you please.

3 Likes

FM 21-76 is the survival manual. Covers first aid, how to start a fire, how to find food and water, and how to live through a nuclear winter (not kidding).

1 Like

I bought mine on Amazon with a credit card, because fuck it, I could stand to be on a few government lists. If anyone searches my house, they can find it in my side table next to a Shel Silverstein book and a collection of graphs about superheroes. That’ll mess with them.

2 Likes

Though now that I think about it, I bought Catcher in the Rye at around the same time. Uh-oh…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.