Animation of planned LEGO museum

[Permalink]

1 Like

Iā€™d reject the proposal and blacklist the firm from any further bids for choosing that atrocious song.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think you understand; that music will be playing the entire time youā€™re in the Lego museum. On a loop. Forever.

1 Like

what a SOUL-LESS building. the exact opposite of what lego used to represent. ā€¦at least to 8-year old me.

Itā€™s an impressive animation, and the starting point of stacked blocks is good, but Iā€™m not seeing ā€˜Legoā€™ (fun, play, whimsy, children, colour, change, adaptability) within the building itself. Instead it looks like any other (exquisitely designed) contemporary art gallery - stark, empty and white. Not a place that elicits joy and playfulness; I canā€™t see kids having fun here.
(Speaking as an admirer of Ingelā€™s other projects, at least in their conceptual form: Iā€™ve yet to see how one actually performs when constructed. His concepts are always big and ambitious)

PS ā€˜Legoā€™ isnā€™t an acronym. I donā€™t know why people think it has to be capitalized.

My god ! That MUSIC, not only was it so bad, it was by far the loudest vimeo Iā€™ve ever come across, my speakers are bust.

The companyā€™s own brand guidelines define the correct usage as LEGO, so in their official text youā€™ll always see it capitalised. Rightly or wrongly, they also consider LEGO to be an adjective - ā€œLEGO bricksā€ is correct, but ā€œLEGOā€ is not, according to them. I suspect something like ā€œLegosā€ probably makes them burst into flame.

ā€œweā€™re coming with an army of overlordsā€?

Being a dane ive just about had it with Ingelā€™s soulless stuff, its popping up here n there n everywhereā€¦
Dammit whatta heritage weā€™re leaving behindā€¦
But some kids in Delaware build a ā€œ11-Story LEGO Tower Is Officially the Worldā€™s Tallestā€
Yay!

I canā€™t imagine how looking at displays of LEGO kit boxes will be very engaging. The LEGO skyscraper and architecture exhibit at the National Building Museum in Washington DC was successful because of the room filled with tables and thousands and thousands of LEGO pieces. Kids and adults would have spent all day creating if the museum hadnā€™t set time limits.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.