'Another productive day working from home' in the great COVID-19 quarantine

Huh. So, not that you did, but if you figured this future civilization would assume more social media followers = leadership position, what conclusions do you think they’d come to about what happened?

4 Likes

The last time I made soap it was chem class in HS

All I remember was it was combining a base with lipids.

Finished “Hunters”. Great cast, meh script.

There’s some fucking dust in my eye right there; thank you for that last video!

I’m wishing people wouldn’t post “working from home!” while doing inane things, because I’m working my ASS off from home and my boss is sceptical of the whole concept. It’s a tricky bag; I may even be more productive here, but he’d find a way to be suspicious of that, too.

8 Likes

“A man with a beard never need worry about where his next meal is coming from.”

3 Likes

I have stuff to keep me busy, but several of the home repair projects I would like to do right now would require a trip to Home Depot which I’m trying to avoid.

6 Likes

I’ve found that watching movies with my buddies online through Zoom or Facetime works great – all the parties queue up a movie on whatever device they have to watch media on, and we sync up the beginning with a countdown. I’m on the East Coast, and I did this with my friend in LA last night. It was like he was in the room.

4 Likes

All my projects vary wildly, and for most I have all the pieces parts I need. Sewing, carpentry, even building a little storage shed out of papercrete and bottles.

4 Likes

Yup, some of which require that one thing we don’t have, and I’m not going out and it’s hard to justify making people in the delivery chain go out if it’s not medical or food.

I have made a trip to Home Depot for all the big stuff. It requires a bit of care to not touch things. The checkout guy was wearing gloves, good for him. And the nice PIN pad didn’t need me to touch it at all.
I’ve also been using the stuff I have at hand whenever possible, which is not far from my experiences of fixing things at Burning Man.

4 Likes

A beard’s an enjoyable thing, too. There’s a certain kind of thrill you get from stroking it, and feeling its silkiness run through your fingers. And besides, combing it, and keeping it free of burrs, snarls and tangles, sort of keeps your spare moments so full that the devil don’t find any idle time to put your hands to work in. If you ask me, I think that the razor has been the downfall of society. And I’m willing to bet I have plenty of company with the same opinion.

–from “See?” by Edward G. Robles, Jr. It’s a short story that I highly recommend for reasons that, once you read it, I hope will be clear.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.