COVID-19 isolation activities

Just curious what everyone is planning to do during quarantine or isolation. For me:

1. Learn to bake pretzels
  2. Learn how to play “Settlers of Cataan” with the kiddos
  3. Catch up on some “me” time
25 Likes

If I get stuck in (sick or sent on WFH, the latter of which is highly unlikely), I plan to:

Sleep.
Read.
Play video games.
Write.

You might be surprised how long I can pull that off.

21 Likes

I already WFH 3.5 out of five days a week, and my employer has been among the more proactive. They’ve already suspended in-person meetings for my area and I expect it to be company-wide before the coming week is out.

Taking care of family members.

Taking advantage of the Spring weather and garage to complete some of my unfinished hobby tasks.

Playing with some recently acquired vocal synthesis software.

Reading.

Cooking.

Maybe some writing.

Video games.

Play with the pets.

The introverts will rise to the occasion. :fist:

Also, as long as I remain able, I plan to do as much of the grocery shopping for local friends and family as possible, especially those with added risk factors.

23 Likes

It’s basically either working from home, or hanging out online, reading books, maybe catching up on some DVDs I haven’t gotten around to watching.

Even normally I’m a bit reclusive; what little social life I have tends to revolve around music, and that’s out for the foreseeable future.

20 Likes

Introverts, disunite!

29 Likes

I also recommend people set up a buddy system, and make sure anyone who lives alone has at least one person checking on them every 48 hours.

38 Likes

Zelda BOTW.

12 Likes

Build stuff for work (side projects)
Farcry 5. After finishing, going back to Farcry4.
Fishing. My secret spots are only shared by 2 or 3 other people, and almost always empty when I go.
Cycling.
The new season of Kingdom.

16 Likes

World of Warcraft. Grinding in Azeroth seems healthier than obsessing over the news or trying to keep up with the Ongoing coronavirus happenings thread here.

14 Likes

Honestly, finally catching up on work that was held up by constant meetings.

15 Likes

19 Likes

I’m planting a garden. I don’t have a green thumb, so this is a lifelong goal that’s finally time to make good on.

17 Likes

Do some programming to help with my wife’s work
Clean out the house
More blacksmithing
Get my martial arts to the point where I can finally get that instructor’s certificate

21 Likes

Carve the hell out of the pile of wood in my workshop, work in my garden and orchard, read the teetering pile of books threatening to fall on top of me. That should get me through!

24 Likes

Make cake, get fat…

Mostly read, maybe warm up my drawing skills again, and hopefully get my head around the animation software my friend sent me a few days back.

19 Likes
10 Likes

Brings a new layer of irony to this old song…

©1984 Lou & Peter Berryman, lyrics here

4 Likes

Do you use coal or coke for your blacksmithing? If so, any online suppliers you can recommend? I was doing blacksmithing with the kids yesterday and just ran out.

6 Likes

I currently use propane. When the coal forge is set up again I’ll go to the local farrier supply places. Don’t know which suppliers they use. In a pinch Centaur Forge or Amazon

4 Likes

The new season of Top Chef is premiering this week…it is an all-star season. So I am binging all the TC seasons on Hulu to prep who’s who and remind me of who the assholes were :wink:

Also…bread baking!

12 Likes