COVID-19 isolation activities

I’m focusing on mixing music, whereas before I was perfectly content to just write and play, now I want to get down how to make a song pop out of the speakers, grab people, and not let go till the fade out.

And cooking beans. Mmmmmm beans.

16 Likes

I’ll finally be able to get some of my Steam Winter sale purchases!

I also hope to revisit some abandoned sewing projects and finish up the spring closet and cupboard cleanings.

11 Likes

I’m making lots of soup, baked goods to freeze and have on hand in case I’m sick/can’t get to the store and/or give away to people in need. We are country folk who are used to stocking up for a long winter so we have lots of food on hand because we are used to being snowed in. We also have an indoor greenhouse and started our summer garden plants early. I live in a small city now, but some habits are hard to change.
When the shit hits the fan I’ll have care packages for neighbours I can leave at their door if necessary.

18 Likes

I see cory linked to this on his new blog which looks pretty thorough on the face of it but i haven’t read much as yet.

3 Likes

I thought about starting a garden.
Then I watched this documentary.

10 Likes

Maybe revive some half-finished maker projects, like the doomsday device. Did I say doomsday device? Sorry. I meant the “cold fusion project”.

14 Likes

14 Likes

Got any kids? This would be a good time to teach them life skills, since our schools don’t always do so.

12 Likes

Build one of these – we’re still figuring out the right thing to use for a crystal, but there are several options. We’re going to skip the lightning switch, since we probably won’t leave the antenna up for very long after proof of concept.

nsb_Radio.pdf (157.9 KB)

12 Likes
14 Likes

Aside from the usual dog walkers, I saw parents out walking with their kids today. Fortunately, today’s weather was much nicer than yesterday’s.

9 Likes
14 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes

A package of ramen noodles and anything “that needs using up” always works for me.

9 Likes

Thread:

16 Likes

How to Play Jackbox Games with Friends and Family Remotely - Jackbox Games
https://jackboxgames.com/how-to-play-jackbox-games-with-friends-and-family-remotely/

I was skepitical, but these actually fun to play with friends or extended family. Best of all, you can play remotely.
Steam also has some these available

5 Likes

On-line games for the kids:

8 Likes

If you find out you’ve hoarded way too much toilet paper:

8 Likes
6 Likes