Covid protestor has not had her roots done since October, says DIY sleuth

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/23/covid-protestor-has-not-had-he.html

8 Likes

32 Likes

Forget the silly dye jobs; a couple inches of white hair is all you need to look fabulous if you know how to work it. Just look at Dame Judi Dench.

30 Likes

You’re too kind; not every woman can rock it like the Dame.

Especially not the one complaining when she wasn’t even getting her roots dyed, anyway… my guess is she’s gonna have a hard time “looking her best” no matter what she does.

33 Likes

So this is what Nancy Drew gets up to while quarantined…

13 Likes

"There are more important things than living.”
– Dan Patrick, Lieutenant Governor of the great state of Texas

“There are more important things than dyeing.”
– me

68 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text (1)

Clear as a badger stripe.

32 Likes

22 Likes

Thanks, but uh, you really need a new hobby. :wink: This lady isn’t worth the effort because her point was moot to begin with.

And just because people put something off before, doesn’t mean they don’t now need to do stuff. Like, uh, - I might just order more socks and underwear at this point, as I dont have easy access to laundry.

TBC - it sucks you don’t like your hair, it isn’t worth opening up everything for it. Walmart and Target and Amazon have hair dye - DIY.

7 Likes

As a friend pointed out, when you have the luxury of getting your hair done whenever you want, it’s easy enough to put it off for months and it’s no problem. When you can’t get it done, then it is immediately a problem and a greater annoyance, even if it is no different from when it was previously successfully ignored.

In his case, he just took clippers to his hair himself. He’s also wearing a hat a lot more now.

11 Likes

But seriously, what a bunch of snowflakes!

24 Likes

Here we have a person willing to let others die so that she can “get her hair done.” How does someone living in a shanty town in Mumbai, or a hut in Costa Rica relate to that horrible inconvenience?

18 Likes

So the roots of this problem go way deeper than previously suspected.

25 Likes

Knot to split hairs, but it’s not that much of a tangle. No matter her dye job’s condition, ’er real friends would accept her.

10 Likes

Finally TikTok is good for something!

4 Likes

What do you do with your dirty clothes, throw them out the window?

6 Likes

As the toast goes, “Here’s shampoo to our true friends, and true poo to our sham friends.”

18 Likes

Right now, piling up in baskets in the closet… I got duffel bags after that.

2 Likes

Do you not have a sink? Hand washing is not that onerous if you have indoor plumbing.

12 Likes

Here’s champagne for our real friends and real pain for our sham friends.

Or was it, here’s shamrocks for our real friends and real rocks for our sham friends?

Here’s cuttlefish for our real friends and real fish for our cuddle friends?

It’s something like that

16 Likes