Covid protestor has not had her roots done since October, says DIY sleuth

Covidiots
6 Likes

Also, if it matters that much then buy a fucking hair dye kit like normal people.

10 Likes

Right?

8 Likes

If all else fails, get some kool-aid and dye it purple.

No one’s going anywhere anyway, may as well have some fun.

8 Likes

Polishing a turd

1 Like

Did you know that laundry can still be done without machines!?

6 Likes

Sounds like one of those old, comic book ads, sort of like “Dry your laundry without using electricity!” Send them the $2.99 for the ‘answer to your prayers’, then receive a letter reading, “Hang your wet things on a clothesline.” Totally legal. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’ve actually been much more consistent with just the color treatment shampoo since I have the time to leave it on for at least 15 minutes every other day. I haven’t done the actual dye treatment since before the stay at home orders and my hair is now a nice deep purple. It’ll look even better once I do the dye, but I’m holding off until I start going places more often again.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Young 'uns love the glorious soapy chaos of “sailor’s laundry” and fwiw I feel the bucket lid is optional. Especially if already doing this in a bathtub in a bathroom, or outside.

Just use a regular plunger if you don’t have such a fancy plunger.

This dude cut a few holes in his plunger, but I have gotten by with a regular unmodified plunger:

The rinse cycle is the same as the wash cycle. Plunger again.

One can skip having a crossfit membership and just wring the wet laundry by hand. Or… not… esp if one’s location is a hot dry place and there’s a drying rack or clothesline outside. Depends how fast the clean laundry is needed and whether mold/mildew will set in before it dries.

3 Likes

Not well. And not in the quantities we are talking. Underwear and socks aren’t that pricey.

I have soooo many shirts.

I will manage.

2 Likes

It’s been a problem for a long time, how American Capitalism has managed to put some ki d of commercial middleman between human beings, so that every single urge we ever have could be answered (if not salved) by something in a cardboard box.

If the system hadn’t been so succesful, we might today be able to reapond to the pandemic in ways that dont crash the economy. Or we might be able to get basic human needs met without requiring money first.

(Sure, the fire department used to certify that your insurance policy was current before they would move to put out the fire. They don’t do it that way anymore)

Anyway, my skin is so hungry for touch I feel like screaming. I have a hunch what this woman really needs, has little to do with the color of her hair roots. Until there is sufficient testing, none of those needs matter. Can we please just get some more teats going, so we can start phase one?

2 Likes

Wait, what?

8 Likes

Just do your laundry dude. it’s not women’s work. Just do it. My husband does it all the time. :woman_shrugging:

Seriously, women has historically done more laundry without washing machines than with. just do it.

11 Likes

My partner dislikes doing laundry/folding. I dislike doing dishes. Harmonious division of chores FTW. :grin:

11 Likes

All I want is for men to stop thinking we’re their personal maids. :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

There is a 4-part plan out there, it came out of Harvard. It’s the best idea I have seen for how to get the economy open without hurting anyone. Look up the Harvard roadmap to pandemic resilience.

unnamed

5 Likes
11 Likes

We’re ready to apply the dye now, going anywhere nice on your holidays?

2 Likes

Particularly the surgical mask one – it’s literally true – my mom sent several of them to me in the mail (in a normal letter envelope even!). Although the “what you’re thinking” is more like “Do other people think I’m an asshole for using scarce medical supplies by wearing this? But it’s not like they were sterile when I got them!”

2 Likes