Anti-Vaxx actor denies science, calls California Gov. a 'fascist'

Sure. Gov Brown made the right call. In return, he gave the expected options to those who object - Home School (quit your job) or Alternative Off-Campus Public School (“where exactly?”). He insured that anyone attending public school will have to be vaccinated - no exceptions. According to what I’ve read, The affluent are the majority of the opposition - why? I don’t know, the articles never really go further than that. California Politics?

I’ve been trying to say that there is a undercurrent of negative opinion toward scientific research and asking if the results from it are legitimate. Just today: Science Frauds Who Steal Tons Of Federal Money Almost Never Go To Jail and Monday: Fluoridation May Not Prevent Cavities, Scientific Review Shows

But these are the attention grabbing headlines and what some people seem to remember or absorb subconsciously - Which can lead to distrust in the institutions. The content of the articles actually show that the system is working and we can put our trust in it.

I don’t think Anti-vaccine people are even thinking about other people’s children. They’re solely thinking about the risks to their children from the vaccine - which they can internalize as “to all children.”

Well, that is exactly what I’m hearing from elements in the anti-vaccine crowd. However, it’s not scientist that hate our freedoms - it’s the government - and the scientist simply want to make money and therefore falsify their research and it’s all condoned and enforced by the government. For these people, their fear is real regardless of how we feel about it.

You have to find the point of where their fear and distrust comes from and then you can begin to re-build the relationship.

Made me think of this: The great Medieval water myth

The idea that Medieval people drank beer or wine to avoid drinking bad water is so established that even some very serious scholars see no reason to document or defend it; they simply repeat it as a settled truth. In fact, if no one ever documents the idea, it is for a very simple reason: it’s not true.

Because he’s an expert in EVERYTHING?!?

https://twitter.com/CarreyOnSecurty

2 Likes

Meanwhile…
First Measles Death in US Since 2003 Highlights the Unknown Vulnerables – Phenomena: Germination

Shocking news today out of Washington state: For the first time since 2003, a resident of the United States has died of measles. If you wondered, based on my last post, what happens when measles infects unvaccinated people and travels with them in an untrackable manner, this is the answer: It sickens and kills people who are vulnerable for reasons over which they have no control.
5 Likes

That explains a lot…

Did I ever tell you about the man who taught his asshole to talk?
Carey must be in the final stages...
For a while, you could see...

the silent, helpless suffering
of the brain behind the eyes.

And then finally
the brain must have died…

because the eyes went out…

and there was no more feeling in them
than a crab’s eye at the end of a stalk

2 Likes

Oh, I never took it as truth that everyone always drank watered down beer or wine. But considering that ~2.8% will kill most common pathogens, a lot of longer lived people likely did.

Well, I’d rather drink beer or wine.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.