Apple to occupy Battersea Power Station, legendary London brownfield site

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/28/apple-to-occupy-battersea-powe.html

1 Like

Not to mention a performance space/ballroom on the lower levels!

4 Likes

And yet magically this headquarters won’t generate any taxable income.

16 Likes

Between that and the Tate Modern nee Bankside Power Station, London sure has some pretty ex-electrical power plants.

4 Likes

Just sharing because if you don’t think Dogs is one of the best Pink Floyd songs ever, we can’t be friends.

10 Likes

Can’t we make it the new Tower of London as per Ian McKellan’s “Richard III”?

5 Likes

It’s been hard enough to get this plan moving forward, don’t try to change horses midstream, no matter if you have traded your kingdom for it.

3 Likes

Only three of the towers belched smoke, the fourth is just for decoration.

2 Likes

Everything I can find about Battersea fails to mention that one chimney was not used.

So, if that’s referring to what I think it refers to, I think your joke sank.

3 Likes

“Only three chimneys were required because there were only three boilers underneath. The fourth chimney was added purely for decoration and, probably more importantly, to provide an even weight distribution for the building. Because it is built on clay, a symmetrical shape will provide an even pressure across the foundations”

6 Likes

Huh. I stand corrected. Thanks for the information!

6 Likes

Just what we need, another tax haven in the Commonwealth.

2 Likes

So will Apple bring back the Pig? Pigs and Apples have a long history together, y’know

1 Like

Actually, they are consolidating a bunch of offices. I think that means fewer tax havens.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.