Apple Watch is the iPhone Killer: Wired interviews design team

I have no need nor desire for a smart watch but I sort of love how excited people are by them. It’s nice to see people get excited about something, even if you simply cannot understand why. People are fascinating!

2 Likes

It also depends on your Mean Jerk Time and T2O ratio -

Also, just for laughs: https://www.yahoo.com/tech/16-smartphones-that-were-deemed-iphone-killer-114506321304.html

To quote a line from the comic book Preacher: “Many have tried, dogfucker. Many have tried.”

I think the Apple Watch will be great and make driving and other things a little safer. Also, no more worries about losing or misplacing our phones. I love my Apple I-phone but would be willing to make the switch. I also like a big screen but that’s why I have an I-pad. It would certainly put a stop to children and others picking up our phones and reading messages, posts, or anything else they are to young to be doing or reading. I think the Apple Watch would make our phone participation more private. I would be willing to be a guinea pig and trade my phone for the watch, and then let everyone know how it is. If it’s not good, I would just take the loss,but if it’s as great as I think it will be, I would never miss my phone.

That’s amazing. You have single-handedly (Ba Dum… Pshhhh) convinced me to watch Silicon Valley.

Congratulations.

No no no no no, are you one of those android… people… or something?

You can tell the time on it without your iphone and it will log your health information for later syncing with your iphone!!!

SO FUCKING AMAZING IT WILL KILL YOUR IPHONE!*

*provided you also have an ipad

That one’s easy!

PS: Nice new-look pink unicorn @AcerPlatanoides

@LDoBe Silicon Valley is fucking hilarious. It’s a critique more than a celebration.

IRT the article: Most people who’ve used Android Wear watches - particularly the moto360 - have very good things to report. There’s no reason to think that Apple have some magic sauce to squeeze in there anymore that will make it better than the alternatives, especially considering Android has been wiping the floor with iOS, since KitKat at least. The design cues in iOS 7 and 8 were “liberated” from Android OS and the various manufacturer’s Android UI skins. That purrrdy multitasking view you got in ios7? Straight-up ripoff of the HTC One M7’s multitaking view. The “groundbreaking” design of the iphone6? SOOOOOOOO groundbreaking! And do I need to even mention the stubborn resistance to moving to a reasonably-sized screen?

March 25, 2014

September 19, 2014

Yeah, I didn’t know that Silicon Valley had TJ Miller. I’m pretty sure he can’t have a bad role.

It might make me a horrible human being, but he’s a lot funnier now that they removed a golfball sized chunk of his brain. (It was a surgery to address his seizures)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.