Apple's new MacBook comes in black

Originally published at: Apple's new MacBook comes in black | Boing Boing

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

I’m holding out until it comes in space pants. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwpmqMnngRk

2 Likes

May I just say that, irrespective of how cool the machines may or may not be, that desktop background or whatever it is sucks ass. The image with the glowy wiggly lines? It looks like it was designed by a rather dull-witted eight-year-old who’s just discovered Photoshop Layer Effects.

You’re richer than God, Apple: you should be able to hire designers who can do better than that.

1 Like

I was hoping this would be the first comment. Thank you.

One could also quote the scene in Hithicker’s Guide with HotBlack Desiato’s impossibly black ship. But i’m frankly too lazy to dig it up

I recently gor my 2007 black macbook running again. It’s the only computer I have that still has an optical drive

4 Likes

I think it a frame out of an animation where the Blue/dark Blue two face finder logo transforms into “pro black”.

Not really my cup of tea, but competent as an animation.

2 Likes

I’m surprised Tim Cook hasn’t kicked down your door and ripped out the drive out of it with his bare hands.

3 Likes

So what was the last thing you fed it? BD-R QL RW? Movie? CD? DVD-R from the archives? Literal ArXiv (DVD+R) hardcopy? Cuban internet reels? Democompos that are .8 or 18 or 34 GB?

eta: Really that background just looks like MacBook guts in any repair video? But plainer? I assume the rest of the wallpaper entries look like closeups of the worm food the giant eats in Alien: Prometheus or such.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.