Are You Experienced dropped on this day May 12, 1967

Originally published at: Are You Experienced dropped on this day May 12, 1967 | Boing Boing

9 Likes

giphy-13

8 Likes

I had 2 months and 1 day of experience when this dropped. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

I heard these mind-blowing electric sounds vibrating into my mama’s womb and dropped two days later - just in time for Sgt. Peppers to come a’marchin’.

6 Likes

one of the greatest albums of all time!
I was fortunate to see them in concert in 1968.

5 Likes

Your mother is a woman of culture.

3 Likes

It’s usually a fools errand to declare any one person or thing the greatest ever. But sometimes they are so shockingly far removed from their peers in myriad ways that it’s just self evident. Jimi Hendrix was so peerless that the only qualification necessary is “electric guitarist” and that is solely because of Django Reinhardt.

9 Likes

pretty sure it was the cosmic ripples put out by this album that triggered my birth a week after it came out.

3 Likes

I can play almost everything on this album, after 40 + years of playing rock guitar…but it still sounds like me, and not Jimi. Every song is great (except, for me, “Remember”, which is merely good).

This album is like a religious thing for me. Also: an earlier version of Afro-Futurism with the uncanny beauty of “Third Stone From The Sun”:

Strange beautiful grass of green,
With your majestic silver seas
Your mysterious mountains I wish to see closer
May I land my kinky machine?

You made me listen to the entire album again, for the 900, 000the time. Thanks!

1 Like

Are You Experienced dropped on this day May 12, 1967

Did it break?

Hendrix was incredible - I could listen to his version of All Along the Watchtower on a continuous loop all day long.

Just watched Monterey Pop Festival this morning. :heart:

1 Like

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.