Are you okay?

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

If itā€™s someone who gets on your nerves but isnā€™t doing something flaggable, then thatā€™s a great use of the Ignore feature.

19 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

Right now?

Sā€™all right.

(Couldnā€™t find any good original Senor Wences gifs.)

17 Likes

No worries, it was just an attempt to avoid absolutes. I guess itā€™s also fueled by the trope of ā€œwe are all cool, except for [Fnord], **** that guy.ā€ But I cannot think of anyone who fits.

Crap. It seems I love all yā€™all. Even that guy.

Take care of yourselves! :kissing_heart:

12 Likes

Iā€™m not okay. Iā€™m completely exhausted and unable to hold it together. I completely broke last evening and I fear a spiral may have started.

28 Likes

Know that there are mutants here who care about you. I care about you.

If you need to vent, let loose. Thatā€™s what this topic is for.

23 Likes

Been there for my own reasons, folks back here helped a lot.

Cookie Monster Love GIF by Sesame Street

25 Likes

Iā€™m another mutant who cares about you. Iā€™m sending you a virtual hug

Loading Hug GIF by MOODMAN

23 Likes

Good vibes, virtual hugs, and best of luck!

22 Likes

Hey, if you need to talk to someone in confidentiality, reach out. We all are here for you. And maybe someone is geographically close enough to lend a hand.

I mean it. If there is anything I can do to help you, let me know. Or let another happy mutant know.

18 Likes

Oh no, I hope you can relax or rest however works best for you, and at least stop the spiral.

Cat Hugs GIF

22 Likes

Big hugs. And I feel you. Iā€™m putting on a brave face, but all cracked and exhausted behind the mask.
I will sit here with you.

tv land GIF by YoungerTV

23 Likes

Iā€™m yet another one who cares. You matter in my world, and Iā€™m here if you need support, an ear, or a shoulder.

Jane Levy Hug GIF by Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

21 Likes

Pig Hug GIF

22 Likes

Thanks for the support. The spiral did start, the only question now is how long. This month has been hell. Iā€™m stressed, overworked and terrified over the ongoing genocide against trans people. Iā€™d managed to hold it together but Monday evening pushed me over the edge. By choice I had a very busy January, had fun and made a new friend and maybe a second, however Iā€™m exhausted and was about to get a couple days off when suddenly that changed. That put me over the edge. Everything Iā€™ve been suppressing is coming out uncontrollablyā€” I started drinking today even though I know thatā€™s only adding fuel to the fire.

30 Likes

Just remember, you have a bedroom here in Tijuana if you need it. Iā€™m only 10 miles from the border to San Diego.

Season 9 Hug GIF by The Office

21 Likes

Iā€™m on the edge of something similar, trying desperately to not fall over the edge. Itā€™s scary as hell being trans right now, which adds a baseline level of stress to everything else weā€™re dealing with. I really hope you can get out of the spiral soon.

Always happy to talk if you need it. Hugs offered.

26 Likes

I totally missed this when comments were still open, but it really resonated with me and made me think others visiting this thread might find it helpful:

Itā€™s almost like an analogy of the ā€œhousing firstā€ approach to homelessness, but for when you already have a home but are struggling to keep your shit together. I found it well worth the 12 minute listen.

16 Likes

Iā€™m feeling relatively better than I did a couple days ago. Iā€™m not doing well, but I avoided the worst of it. I was able to get some rest and now Iā€™m at least able to hold back tears again.

28 Likes