Are you okay?

Thanks, man. I’m folding those neatly and saving them up. We need as much love and hope as we can get right now and probably more later.

20 Likes

Hang in there!

Good to see you again.

Clinging Hang In There GIF

21 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss.

Miss You Dogs GIF by giphystudios2021

19 Likes

I hope things turn out all right for you, your daughter and the rest of your family.

Quarantine Love GIF by alexa kerr

17 Likes

This is the place to come when you need to say things. You have friends here who will support you, who will listen to you whenever you need to be heard, and who are never stingy with hugs.

I always feel better when I come here. It feels like home.

animals spooning hug GIF

17 Likes

Not just you on that… Even if I disagree with people (for the most part) I know that we can have threads like this that are less about discuss/arguments, and more about recognizing our common humanity and struggles.

22 Likes

Dude, that is proof of your decency and maturity.

Glad you knew to put your family first, and knew you could come back here when you were ready to accept the best of this place instead of only dealing with the worst.

22 Likes

See, now I need that <embarrassed.gif> again…

14 Likes

You’re asking to be hung up on?

8 Likes

Just a bit of actually feeling okay: my daughter, who I only see about one a year since the divorce 12 years ago, has converted to Islam. I have mixed feelings as an atheist about that, but it’s her decision and I respect that. She’s happy, she’s not a missionary for her new faith, and that’s what counts. And she told me I am about to be a grandpa soon.

So yeah, all in all, I am feeling okay.

29 Likes

Very nice!

High Five GIF

17 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

The fact that the people who run this bbs recognize the importance of this kind of space enough to protect it means a lot to me.

I’m dealing with a good heap of my own grief from the past couple of years.

28 Likes

Continue being strong and brave! And although it may seem trite, remember you’ve survived 100 per cent of the bad times.

20 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

Cat Is It Safe GIF

26 Likes

Hope so? For now, anyway. Honest to God, who disrupts a thread specifically dedicated to supporting the mental health of this community? Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled group therapy session.

20 Likes

People looking to disrupt this community, because they find it too “woke” or whatever…

Bill Hader Yes GIF

18 Likes