Are your cells sedentary?

Nice to know that if I exercise or not, it’s not really good enough and so I may as well not bother. Next I’m looking for evidence pizza is nature’s perfect food!

4 Likes

oh-OH-oh…

3 Likes

dun-dun Dun-Dun DUN-DUN dundun

2 Likes

Sarcasm aside, the moment you say “looking for evidence that X” instead of “looking to test whether X,” you’ve already made a huge mistake.

3 Likes

As a 52 year old regularly playing ultimate frisbee, in my own N=1 observation, sitting and sedentary life just leads to restrictions in movement. The more I sit the less easy it is to move afterward, especially getting older. I also see it in my elderly mother and the people around me the less they do the less they do.

Also, I see that the repetitive exercise that I do still leads to issues because only certain muscle groups are constantly strengthened while others lapse.

We can see this process she’s talking about accelerated when it comes to space travel, you know that thing that we’re not ancestrally designed to do. https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/research/experiments/245.html

As to the snarky comments regarding the phrase “ancestral point of view” just keep shooting anything down that doesn’t fit into your limited view. The medical industry will certainly profit from it. You also might want to actually watch the video.

I get that not everyone can follow the suggestions in this video due to illness, ability limitations what have you. But to dismiss this idea based on “not all people are able to move like she suggests” is nonsense.

And we lived to be how old back then?

My cells use a standing desk and they’ll kick all y’all’s sedentary cells’ asses. Hoo haa hai-yah!

2 Likes

Why do you hate pizza? They could put cauliflower on it, you know.

When cauliflower or broccoli are put on a pizza, they negate the extremely positive health benefits that pizza normally provides.

4 Likes

Never!

And you insult me sir. I love pizza. It’s in my blood. I am less certain that that is a place where pizza ought to be :wink:

3 Likes

I hope so, it would shorten posts like this one.

Same as now; basically that happens whenever there is a lethal scarcity of resources and somebody has to die or everyone will.

But - ancient societies often didn’t have the resources or knowledge needed to keep the infirm alive, and sickness was far more dangerous than it is now, so you’re still touching on a real issue. I just want to make the point that it’s not a moral superiority we enjoy, it’s a (possibly temporary) resource superiority.

I’m older than you and I will make that N=2.

Same as now, if you made it past 30 or so. But the average lifespan is way different because of the much higher mortality associated with childbirth - infants and mothers were at a dramatically higher risk and dragged the average down.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.