Arizona tried to illegally import an execution drug not approved for use in U.S

I apologize if I wasn’t clear enough on this; but the population I had in mind was not those who are too wretched; but those who are too prone to trampling on the rights and agency of others: ‘criminals’(as you can probably guess, my classification would…differ on some points…from the one currently in use; but I don’t think that you can maximize agency without curtailing those who would exercise their’s at the expense of others, so there is a category of behavior that society cannot afford to tolerate.

If an individual insisted on continuing in such behavior in order to demonstrate and preserve their mental freedom, I’d be loath to use any sort of creepy ‘neural-re-socialization’; but if their choice as an agent is to be incompatible with others, well, they can’t really be released back into the general population. I suspect that, in many cases, the criminal themselves would agree that they’d be better off if they could establish a less adversarial relationship with others; and if that can be arranged I’d be in favor of it. However, I don’t expect that the reform-able sort of criminal covers all cases; and one has to be prepared to answer the question of what you will do with those.

1 Like

On the seller’s end it is actually illegal to export if there is a risk of it being used in executions, but of course that is just European hippie law and doesn’t count.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.