Arkansas cop suspended after bystander films savage street beating of shoeless man

WE really haven’t. I certainly didn’t agree. You might have.

4 Likes

I both march in the streets and volunteer on campaigns to stop it, but at some point the voters have to take the blame.

Yep. The Black Americans who regular get killed or beaten for no reason are as much to blame as the white men who created and maintain society for their own privilege… /s

Even the ones who don’t vote for that… they are the MOST responsible… /s

5 Likes

That’s what really matters here.

2 Likes

Do you disagree that voters are part of the problem with cops acting with impunity? Or the juries that let them walk? Those would be the broader parts of society I’m talking about.

Apparently, you believe we’re all equal responsible for that, when it’s pretty clear that certain segments of our population suffer the worst consequences of this current reality.

3 Likes

I never said equally. I said our society bears the responsibility. When the only lens is on the cops the rest of the system in the systemic problem is being ignored.

See Jon Ossoff GIF by Election 2020

If you think the people here are ignoring the larger problems, then you should read a bit closely. Very few people here believe that the problems in our society stops and starts with cops. Many of us regularly make larger, systemic arguments. But the reality is that we also have to deal with the direct problems in front of us, that can not wait for those systemic changes, which often take generations to take hold. It’s not an either/or thing, it’s a both/and.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.