Armed folks intimidating voters near drop boxes in Arizona (and nobody has been arrested)

Originally published at: Armed folks intimidating voters near drop boxes in Arizona (and nobody has been arrested) | Boing Boing

8 Likes

warned that “voter intimidation” is illegal

To truly get through to these people, they have to add “yes, illegal even for white Christian men”. But given the lack of enforcement of the law, maybe they’re not quite ready to do that.

Be prepared for more of this fascist thuggery in the coming weeks and in 2024.

24 Likes

I don’t live anywhere near Maricopa County, but other people could show up to harass the harassers. See how long they stick around.

10 Likes

Turning out wearing camo and armed to the teeth doesn’t exactly say “I have a sincere and well-founded concern about election integrity.” It says “I never quite grew out of playing soldiers and now I am indulging in some adolescent fascist fantasy in which I am the hero. Also, all this tactical fetish gear makes me feel manly and tough.”

39 Likes

Where have all the gentlemen gone?

1 Like

tumblr_n3lii3RadP1s1dhi9o5_500|nullxnull

23 Likes

I’m SURE Az would love some more Federal oversight there.

Biden should send National Guard, if for no other reason than to yank some chains.

14 Likes

Unfortunately there’s a good amount of overlap in the the Venn diagram of law enforcement and those who suppress voters.

28 Likes

A timely episode of TAL recently covered this exact situation and rode along with one of the “watchers”. Provides a peek into the disturbing and paranoid mindset of these people…

[Zoe Chace’s ride along segment starts at ~29mins if you want to skip directly to that part]

12 Likes

Would somebody PLEASE call the FBI in on these whackos?

13 Likes

I suggest going to the drop boxes armed with a cellphone camera. Doxxing these traitors to democracy is likely more effective than calling law enforcement.

13 Likes

facebook is a hell of a drug

6 Likes

Has Trump or MTG praised these “fine patriots” yet?

Because that’s the next step.

Then comes violence, and swift denials and/or claims of a “false flag.”

14 Likes

We have Halloween coming up.

Perhaps if these voters of color would dress up as postal workers, with postal inspectors nearby to catch the action. I would like to see these armed folks start sweating bullets when being informed that intimidating a postal worker (18 USC 111 Assault on a Postal Officer or Employee) is a federal crime.

Also (18 USC 2114 Robbery of a Post Office or Postal Employee) also is a federal crime subject to a 25 year sentence.

1 Like

So-called.

4 Likes

This.

The obvious strategy here is to have someone else monitoring the vigilantes, taking down their license plates, perhaps filming them secretly (if law allows), so there WILL be charges when one of these goons goes too far.

11 Likes

Ehhh. you might want to look up the penalty for impersonating a Postal Worker. :confused:

Call the cops. Call city hall. Keep calling until they actually put a stop to it.

12 Likes

i can guarantee those other people would be arrested or asked to leave.

the best thing to counter this would be something more like what people did when westboro church would show up at funerals: beautiful art to used to block people’s view

the art just can’t have any explicit political messages or people will be ticketed and/or arrested

4 Likes

This, again and again and again.

If nothing else, it’ll annoy the cops and city hall and they’ll do something about it to stop the annoyance to themselves.

9 Likes

Uninformed, uniformed, whichever.

7 Likes