Armed men "guarding" St. Petersburg polling place said Trump campaign hired them

My little doppelgänger:

14 Likes

Nope. Wrong. You can’t “press charges.” All you can do is file a police report. The State can file charges based on that report, but you have nothing to do with it and no power to force them to.

Pressing charges is making an official accusation against someone to the police. The police themselves can press charges, but so can anyone.

9 Likes

One of the Big Five. Guess I know what to expect come Election Day.

1 Like

In Oregon, we may have militia violence related to the election (the story mentions assassinations, yikes!). But it isn’t going to be armed people intimidating at voters at polling places.
Oregon has been entirely vote-by-mail for many successful elections.

4 Likes

Volume… up!

1 Like

SYOTOS LLC. They are a relatively new Security company founded in 2015.

Yeah, me too. Even better since I’m actually working the polls this year.

1 Like

Unfortunately I do expect some sort of intimidation event at the polls by some fringe group, although it seems like a lot of Dems are more likely to vote by mail.

It may be (conspiracy rabbit hole) these folks were hired by someone claiming to be related to Trump, in order to both get the deputies in there and raise fear of escalation and intimidation via the news articles.

1 Like

Here’s my Early Voting Trip Report from Brevard County, FL:

1. no sign of any odd “security personnel” loitering about

2. there were 2 plain clothes deputy sheriffs with absolutely NO indication of any political preference

3. both had friendly demeanors and were gifted at chit chatting with each person in line - not one whiff of any asshole aura no matter who they were chatting with - we were both observing the interactions for the duration
    (the Sheriff chose these men well)

4. 95% of folks were masked up to their eyeballs and practiced social distancing and folks without masks were stared or glared at frequently

5. there was a mixture of ethnicities and genders BUT skewed older white women (mid morning in a weekday)

6. based on a whole bunch of subtle cues and my general knowledge of this area (ladies had lots blue clothing, a couple wore tie dyed masks, lots and lots of eyes twinkling with mischief and purpose) I’d say the crowd was about 2/3rds Biden

7. the men were generally very non-descript so much harder to read- however my husband was watching them all and he estimated a large number of “gotta get rid of Trump” voters among them too

We compared notes on the way home and we voted nearly identically except for one non-partisan race. He scored a billion trillion husband points for sure.

I couldn’t resist asking him if it felt good to be a Democrat now and he laughed and told me to go fuck myself.

And we’ve called a moratorium on discussing politics for the weekend.

9 Likes
5 Likes

can report a similar crowd in Monroe County, except no Deputies, no LEO at all and NO shenanigans! (but srsly, who would the yahoos be targeting? the Keys are hardly ethnicaly diverse, there is no low-income/ affordable housing, so most service workers bus in from the mainland. so bubba gon pull me aside 'cuz "I look librul? just seems that they wouldn’t bother here, but maybe go up to Miami to cause trouble.),

4 Likes

Well shit, that makes me want to move to the Keys ASAP.

We have a LOT of Trumpists here and I’ve seen a few QAnon stickers. I figure that’s like seeing a single cockroach in the kitchen - if you see one, there’s probably 100 nearby.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.