Army guys for peace and tranquility

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/14/army-guys-for-peace-and-tranquility.html

12 Likes

I’ll take these instead…

6 Likes

These are glorious

13 Likes

These immediately put me in mind of Earth First Battalion; but, then, I am a cynical old curmudgeon.

5 Likes

Obligatory re-post;

7 Likes

These are a cute novelty, but a more toy-like peaceful alternative might be like an army corps of engineers-type set, or UN peacekeepers. Figures carrying sandbags, digging holes, hauling water, fixing jeeps, with a medic kit, etc…

8 Likes

For some reason that reminds me of the Trials of Billy Jack…

3 Likes

I’m impressed that the creator managed to keep it going for the full song!

Is it tragic that I recognised the packs which most of those figurines came from …

3 Likes

BMC Toys just introduced a line of Plastic Army Women. I participated in their Kickstarter last year and they delivered before Christmas. Great set of figures, tastefully and artfully done. My daughter got a pink colored set, granddaughter got OD Green and Tan sets. Instructed my girls in the proper way to play with these things - you have the Army force assault your living room (pose them on couch and other furniture) and you defend your territory with a homemade rubber band gun (tape or rubber band a clothespin “trigger” to a 12-15 inch dowel, load a rubber band and shoot). Tons of fun.

4 Likes

Maybe figures doing online training, or sitting through hours of mandatory briefing, or hanging around in the company area long after 6pm has passed waiting to be told they can go home.

6 Likes

I ordered two sets of these, won’t be able to post pics because the topic will be closed before they arrive… but I am looking forward to delightful, rainbow Army Zen…

3 Likes

Wow the “look inside” was quite an eye opener on this one

2 Likes

It is certainly a strange artefact from a weird time. Maybe the US Police could do with some of this sort of out-there thinking to change their culture.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.