Ars Technica's Dan Goodin is being sued by Keeper Security over an article about a defect in its password manager

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/21/keeper-v-goodin-et-al.html

1 Like

Does Keeper Security want everybody talking about flaws in their software? Bullying respected researchers and reporters is an excellent way to do that.

14 Likes

Screw Keeper Security. Many years ago I paid for their iOS app because it supported encrypted import/export via basic SFTP, no cloud required. Some time later they made the app free, filled it with ads, and spammed me constantly to pay for their cloud service. They also removed the functionality that I had paid for in the first place. I still get email spam from them despite repeated attempts to be removed from their mailing list.

They made all those bad choices, so it doesn’t surprise me that they made this one too.

16 Likes

Yea, but everything is better in the cloud!

Especially secrets.

I mean, why would anyone want to keep secrets off unaudited public servers in the first place… unless they had something to hide.

4 Likes

So this software is intended to be bundled with Windows? I suspect Microsoft will be rethinking that now.

1 Like

7 Likes

Why in holy hell would you even think that? You’re talking about Microsoft, fer gawd’s sake…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.