Oh no!

4 Likes

8 Likes
2 Likes

8 Likes

[ETA]

5 Likes

Bold!

The incident in Munich uncovered this week followed a similar discovery in October at a museum in the western city of Bonn, where someone had hung their own artwork in an exhibition on identity and immigration. It was only when that exhibition was being dismantled that the painting was noticed.

5 Likes
5 Likes

valentineua

Magician (1943) - Nicholas Roerich

9 Likes
4 Likes

[THE GLASSWORKER | Official English Trailer (youtube.com)]

[The Glassworker - Wikipedia]

5 Likes

Anyone else remember Sister Wendy?

Also… she mentions Caravaggio, so obligatory…

[ETA]

I just love how much she loved art…

6 Likes

damn, i loved Sister Wendy! she could be so funny, and sharp. one of my favorite of her discussions was on a particularly famous portrait of a young ballerina and the artist, of whom she said with much disdain, “i don’t like you, Mr. Degas”!

6 Likes

“A Sunday on the Island of La Grande Jatte,” Georges Seurat

While the original painting was a groundbreaking work of pointillism, this piece pushes the use of emojis as modern hieroglyphs to its breaking point. Broomsticks become a pristine row of trees as broccoli forms a lush canopy overhead. A child dons a lab coat; his mother wears a bucket for a hat as two nonbinary bunny boys approach behind them. In the foreground, a dog and a monkey play beside a woman with an impressive bustle. Did you know there was a monkey in this painting? The artist did not.

7 Likes

Irene Rice Pereira, The Circumnavigation of the Rose, c.1950

Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts

10 Likes

Artist uses old CDs:

I bought probably 500,000 CDs from eBay. The sculptures in this show include 200,000 to 250,000 CDs.

9 Likes

An interesting look at weathervanes and tie-dye creations:

6 Likes

I never thought I needed a weathervane before, but now

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

6 Likes

weather vanes in the florida keys:

1. weather vane points east: prevailing easterlies (trade winds).

2. weather vane wet: rain.

3. weather vane not visible: nighttime/ dense fog.

4. weather vane gone: hurricane.

11 Likes

We have a similar thing here. Except we call them “rocks.” :grin:

8 Likes
6 Likes