2 Likes

Piracy:
It’s not o.k. when others do it.

Yet, it’s okay when I do it
because reasons, and
-clearly-
I’m not a pirate * points at eye with no eye patch present *

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if a boss told all their interns to design something cute and they all resorted to plagiarism because they weren’t getting paid for it, they did’t have time to do it on top of everything else and they didn’t think any of their crap would go any further than their boss’s desk.

2 Likes

Yeah, a $12 billion global corporation that routinely faces pr nightmares over sweatshop labor is shaking in their boots over comic-book guy.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re likely correct, Jonathan Coulton didn’t make much progress from Fox when they stole his version of Baby Got Back, and nobody much cared in the wide world.

2 Likes

7 Likes

heh

1 Like

Crikey, that’s pretty bad.

I am so sorry to hear about those trees–where was the state/county/city environmental protection and enforcement on this? Was that protected land or watershed? A thousand questions.

Gap Inc., which owns Old Navy and Banana Republic and yeah The Gap, certainly has a lengthy record of uh being doubleplus ungood:

ETA: grammar, sheesh where the hell is my second teapot of Barry’s Gold, dangit

a short summary, Mendocino County CA, sorry about the formatting.

http://www.elksoft.com/gwa/recent/memo.html

These people are walking breathing colostomy bags.

1 Like

Skimmed that memo, thanks for sending.

A laudable coalition opposed, which is wow and good news. Plenty of documentation. Solid tracking of what these ratbasterds were up to and perpetrated.

Dang.

I get it that suing The Gap would be a time-consuming and fraught process if justice is served at all at best. And yet, and yet, if the right kind of litigator were to demand accountability, and the right kind of judge were to hear this case (o for a jury trial!), perhaps there would actually be a chance.

Good luck and I mean that. There’s got to be some very public way to hold this kind of tragedy up to the light of day, in the bright bright sunshine of truth.

1 Like

Mendo is known for actually electing Greens, locally.

Wish there were jobs there!

1 Like

neilgaimantrampoline

7 Likes

Because of this (amongst other reasons) I don’t shop at Gap or any of it’s stores.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.