Art pranksters upload Mark Zuckerberg deepfake to Instagram to test Facebook's non-removal policy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/11/zuckerberg-deepfake.html

8 Likes

I think these may be the real raw takes, before they used the deep fake technology to make the general public swallow them more easily.

4 Likes

Me thinks this deepfake is not nearly deep enough.
Why add the line about Spectre?

2 Likes

It’s a meme, apparently. But yeah totally undermines the deepness. Or fakeness. I’m not sure which.

1 Like

Yeah, nah.

As a shot across the bows this is perfect. If the only ‘flaw’ was that they had him say “Spectre” rather than “Putin”, then it’s juuuuuust fine as it is.

3 Likes

I know it won’t be, but I hope that this will be used for good (as in to take down the Cheeto-n-Chief).

On the other hand, Bill Hader’s Deepfake impression of Arnold Schwartenwhatever is just gold:

5 Likes

7 Likes

I guess it’s what makes it obs deep fake, which is a sort of calling card and a notice to others that “I can make you say anything. Next time it won’t be so obvious.”

5 Likes

Are we positive Zuckerberg isn’t a creation of Doctor Noonien Soong?

3 Likes

Poor old Bill Posters - always in trouble with the law.

2 Likes

I guess that Zuckerberg is a good subject for this; not just because of his position as head of a global data scalping and fake news operation, but also because his actual face is so deep in the uncanny valley that it is difficult to spot the fakery.

2 Likes

Yes, he looks like a cyborg, anyway. Making him say things like “The door is made of soup. I feel like chicken tonight!” wouldn’t be such a stretch.

1 Like

A friend of mine who has asperger’s has the same sort of face. Hardly any emotions on his face. As a child he always looked a bit too angelic. And now as a 50 year old he has a 30-somthing face, but a bit ‘uncanny valley’ as well.

It always makes me suspect Mark Zuckerberg just doesn’t get privacy issues, because he just really doesn’t understand them.

1 Like

Bill Posters is always getting prosecuted. It’s so sad!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.