Artemizia Foundation in Bisbee, Arizona hosts a spectacular collection of contemporary, street, and graffiti art

Originally published at: Artemizia Foundation in Bisbee, Arizona hosts a spectacular collection of contemporary, street, and graffiti art | Boing Boing

1 Like

We lived in Bisbee circa 2002-2012, just down the road from this later project. Since the giant copper mines closed, Bisbee has been a radical-art town, with much fresh graffiti appearing in alleyways and side-streets nightly. Great for insipid guerilla photogs like me – always new material!

3 Likes

I love it so much! there’s always something new to see, and even all of the old street art and art on the streets always brings new surprises! I love bisbee!

1 Like

They had a graffitti exhibit at The Brooklyn Museum several years back. Honestly? it was kinda underwhelming. Graffitti just looks more legit on an overpass, in a tunnel or on the side of a building. On a camvas it just looks…put of place. This exhibit looks like it got it right, I’d love to see it.

Some local in situ graffitti from my neighborhood:

We loved living in Old Bisbee… but major shopping was so far off! Douglas, Sierra Vista, Tucson, etc. Cheaper than locals.

ProTips: Buy fresh tamales from vendors in the Safeway parking lot near Naco (south edge of Bisbee). Yum. And walk across the border for less-expensive medicines. Don’t fret about prescriptions, easily obtained from medic shops next to the pharmacies.

Has this changed in the past few years?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.