Articles of Impeachment

Soon to be ex-FBI director? He won’t kowtow appropriately, he will probably loose the protection he has grown used to, eh?

8 Likes

Jesus fucking Christ these fucking impeachment proceedings today. Every time I hear or see them all it seems to be is Republicans aggressively campaigning for Trump. It’s fucking ridiculous. And Gym Jordan - it’s hard to find a more punchable guy.

9 Likes

It’s because they are Commies, one party rule.

1 Like

I.e., fascists?

4 Likes

Oh for fuck sake, now there’s yet another R gushing about Trump’s “accomplishments” while in office. Which whether or not is true has absolutely nothing to do with anything. And he’s defending Trump pardoning war criminals. And saying that Democrats are trying to ban airplanes and fossil fuels. What the fuck?

I can’t watch this shit anymore. My blood pressure is bad enough.

Wake me up when the vote happens.

10 Likes

Mission accomplished!

–Republican fuckheads

10 Likes

I heard one of these fine gentlemen saying Trump has done nothing but cooperate with democrats, while the democrats have been constantly guilty of obstruction of Congress. Couldn’t handle it anymore and turned it off.

11 Likes

This shit is so beyond the pale it’s unbelievable. It’s like a mass gaslighting.

11 Likes

He made a boom boom?

5 Likes
10 Likes

Back in the 1950’s America was afraid of “The Red Scare” i.e. communism. Now adays, seems its flipped and Republicans are commie lovers. I should of used ’ /s ’ in prior post.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Fingers crossed that the usually feckless Dems will rise up on their hind legs and do that.

10 Likes

Yup, even if the result is a foregone conclusion there’s certainly things the Dems can do to cause as much embarrassment and uncomfortable questions as possible.

Will it happen? Not holding my breath, but here’s hoping.

5 Likes

They also need to take a page from the disinformation campaign of Russia and the GOP, except use the same tactics for information. Make it so that no one in the country can avoid the message laying out the terms of the Federal Campaign Finance Reform Act that Trump violated. They are pretty straightforward. Make sure that every single person in the US knows that if they did what Trump did, they would be charged with and found guilty of a level 8 felony violation of the Act and face decades in prison.

Here’s a useful document that lays out the statutory minimums (5 years) and enhancements (+50% sentence for acts involving a foreign government; 2x modifier for using governmental funds in the act and for deriving a specific, non-monetary Federal benefit each; and a four-level enhancement when the act uses intimidation or coercion) for violations of the Act.

ETA: Frankly, if Steyer really wants to make an impact with his billions and stay on-brand, that’s something he should fund. Maybe Bloomberg, too.

7 Likes

That’s McConnell and Graham now who have flat out stated that they don’t give a fuck about the rule of law and are colluding with the White House. They’re not even pretending anymore.

6 Likes

There are 43 levels of offense in the Sentencing guidelines, and a level 8 offense is punishable by 0-6 months in jail if the offender has no criminal history.

Read the document. Level 8 was starting level for any violation. For felony violations ($10k value and above) = 5 year min, +50%, doubled, doubled again, doubled again.

4 Likes
5 Likes

You brought a 10 page government report* to a disinformation fight.

*One that was submitted pursuant to section 314 of the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002, Pub. L. 107-155, no less.

3 Likes