Read the whistleblower complaint about Donald Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/26/read-the-ukraine-whistleblower.html

9 Likes

Holy shit.

25 Likes

If only!

30 Likes

The tight focus on this single matter for impeachment is looking like a better and better plan.

14 Likes

the President pressured Mr. Zelenskyy to… locate and turn over servers used by the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and examined by the U.S. cyber security firm Crowdstrike 3

I think that’s the standout impeachable line, right there.

34 Likes

This feels like history being made.

17 Likes

Every f’ing day there is another impeachable offense. F’ing McConnell…

24 Likes

He tried to hide it !! History repeats itself.

10 Likes

That man has done a lot of things in direct violation of his oath to uphold the Constitution, but this indeed may be the smoking gun that even the Senate can’t ignore.

13 Likes

I mean, it’s like taking Al Capone down for tax evasion. It’s not the crime he deserves to go down for, but it’s the one we just might be able to beat him on.

20 Likes

We really should start discussing whistleblowers, plural, because the person who filed this complaint was doing so at the prompting of several other people who were troubled enough by the behaviour to come to him or her with pieces of the same story. The regime is going to try to make this about one disgruntled and politically motivated individual going after Il Douche, when (as usual) this is not the case at all.

39 Likes

The cover up is always worse than the crime (although in this case, the crime appears to also be pretty fucking heinous).

19 Likes

I took that away from this as well. The letter mentions “a half dozen officials” who made the same complaint to the whistle blower. I have to wonder if they knew he/she/they were going to go forward with the complaint. Given that the IGIC said it was credible, that seems likely, and this whole thing is WAY more than a single person repeating hearsay.

12 Likes

Pretty sure Greta didn’t actually say this, but…

tumblr_py9h8zvbbc1wkwhsoo1_500

33 Likes
25 Likes

filch%202

We should also start referring to this episode as a coordinated abuse of power involving several people morons over a period of months, instead of using the president’s preferred framing of a single “perfect,” “totally appropriate” phone call. If this was all occurring within the US, the FBI would RICO his ass.

17 Likes

right. how many other times have they done this. What did Trump talk about when he was alone with Putin for instance? hopefully we’ll all get the full picture one day.

12 Likes

I think that’s the theory of Trump’s presidency, if you just admit to everything there can be no cover up. (Not theory as in thoughtful idea Trump has, because there are none of those, but theory like a scientific theory, a thing that explains)

9 Likes

Oh look, Nunes thinks the “leak” is the real problem, not the actual crime! He’s so adorable!

25 Likes

Do not sweep burning stuff under the rug and hope for the best.

Fire

16 Likes