Read the whistleblower complaint about Donald Trump

It’s just like the National Enquirer’s safe of trump secrets.

David Pecker is probably thinking “Yep, he’s found a better safe.”

12 Likes

24 Likes

Sure sounds like that secure server is STUFFED FULL OF ILLEGALITY. Sounds like he’s been directing grift calls and actions to be dumped in there under a nice wet blanket of executive privilege. Adam Schiff got it right this is a typical mobbed up shake down call: ‘hey for-in leader, I hears you is up against da rival gang in your hood, my buddy Vlad the Poisoner. We gots a half a billion, maybe half a jagillion in aid and weapons for youse guys, but I needs u to does me a favor: dig up some dirt on dis Joe Bi-den guy and his scuzzball son Gunter (all rich guy sons is scuzzballs see mine). Kapisch? Wouldn’t;t want us to accidentally ship dose tings to Vlad now would we? chuckle chuckle’

I’m just finishing reading the Meuller Report (not the dumb jpg scan, the BB linked text and hyperlinks version). I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: if Hillary had been ‘elected’ with this much help from the Russians she would have been torn limb from limb on the capitol steps long ago.

14 Likes

Why not? They can just toss the gun onto the already huge pile of smoking guns. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. F’ing McConnell.

3 Likes

So, you’re saying they should give up, rather than establish a pattern of corrupt behavior?

5 Likes

Emphases mine.

Access for favors dangled to the Ukraine even before the phone call took place.

Repeated use of this mis-filing tactic to keep things away from scrutiny.

26 Likes

relevant

3 Likes

I understand this issue is just the product of Trump’s fevered imagination. In the Zelenskyy call, he claimed there were “missing servers” located in Ukraine. As Wired has reported, there is absolutely no evidence to support these claims. Just something he got from QAnon, or Fox & Friends (athough they were probably talking about their Belarussian server Dmitri over at Del Frisco’s and got confused).

8 Likes
8 Likes

I can 100% believe that Trump would risk breaking the law to act on a hot tip he saw in a tweet from Alex Jones about fake servers. But the fact that he was pressuring Ukraine about it and the intent behind it is just as damning as if the servers actually existed.

14 Likes

That’s a safe bet. No one outside the States casually uses “Mr President,” and we’re certainly not that deferential about this current disaster.

1 Like

To me, this comment by Rudi Giuliani is the smoking gun:
“We’re not meddling in an election, we’re meddling in an inves tigation, which we have a right to do…
Somebody could say it’s improper… that information will be very, very helpful to my client, and may tum out to be helpful to my government.”
The fact that Trump’s personal lawyer is involved, whose retainer is to protect his client, not the national intererst, makes the abuse of power clear. The fact that he’s allegedly tag-teaming with the Attorney General makes it especially alarming. And, as with Watergate, the cover-up will wind up being at least as damaging as the original offence. $0.02

23 Likes

This complaint is not screwing around.

8 Likes

That certainly seems to be the lesson Trump learned from Mueller; he got in no trouble for attempting to accept oppo research from Russia, but could be indicted once out of office on obstruction. So this time, just admit to everything publicly and assume that Lindsay Graham will loudly claim that nothing is wrong with it.

2 Likes

Jacob Wohl? Haven’t they put that guy in prison yet?

I’d call them up and tell them my theory that the whistleblower is Dan Coats, but obviously they aren’t even paying out that $50k anyway.

12 Likes

Here’s my strong take on how this all works out:

1. Trump resigns or is removed from office
  2. Barr resigns or is removed from office
  3. Mulvaney is out on his ass too, but as CoS serves at the pleasure of the president, this requires no great wizardry
  4. Giuliani is charged with violations of the Hatch Act and is disbarred
  5. Pence, despite his complicity as indicated within the whistleblower doc, is let go with a vote of censure by the House, not full impeachment. He serves out the rump end of the Trump/Pence Presidential-term-as-utter-debacle.

Measure 5 happens only as to give Republicans a fig-leaf of compromise to point to, and to prevent the appearance that this was all a power grab to install President Pelosi (however briefly.)

10 Likes

Well that interesting. There isn’t a smoking gun. It’s guns.

7 Likes

18 Likes

That is a violation of the Whistleblower Act itself, and since they have offered it online and as multiple parties, I would also guess that there’s some wire fraud and conspiracy charges to tack on as well.

Wohl is just bound and determined to wear a prison jumpsuit, isn’t he?

15 Likes

Sounds reasonably plausible to me, and I sure hope this prediction comes to pass!

3 Likes