Pelosi says House to begin 'official impeachment inquiry' on Donald Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/24/impeachment-is-go-pelosi-says.html

“The President must be held accountable. No one is above the law”
— House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, 9-24-2019

14 Likes

:crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

32 Likes

Please don’t fuck it up.

54 Likes

picardoreally

36 Likes

About bloody time.

Seconded, because if anyone can screw it up, it’s the establishment Dems, champions of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

59 Likes

What is this strange, unfamiliar feeling?

20 Likes

Oh god, I’m so nervous.

15 Likes

Better late than never.

It’s not like he hasn’t been betraying his oath of office, our national security, and the integrity of our elections for the last three years. Or you know, all the other shady shit he’s been engaged in.

Now I guess it’s time to sit back and see if it matters. My skeptic socks are firmly seated; here’s hoping they get blown off.

32 Likes

Wait - it is now accurate to say the president is being impeached, right? THE PRESIDENT IS BEING IMPEACHED. Holy moly!

13 Likes

How can… why? Do people REALLY not care about the world? Really? Are they really so pleased about kids in cages, and possible deep seated corruption, and the economic about to crash out, and… just all of it? I don’t understand…

tng-picard-facepalm

47 Likes

‘bout fuckin’ time!!!

24 Likes

Slow your roll. He’s not impeached until they write up articles of impeachment and vote to recommend them to the Senate for trial. And that will take months.

12 Likes

You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it’s hotlining a bill in the Senate.

You reach down, you try to flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise stays upright no matter what you do.

You try offering compromise and later Impeachment, but you end up laying on your back in the House, your belly baking in the hot sun, beating your own legs trying to turn yourself over, but you can’t, not without the Senate’s help. But they’re not helping. Why is that?

replicant-leon

52 Likes

Is it popcorn time?

23 Likes

I know, I know. I was exactly like Picard as I was reading that piece. In the face of all his fuckery I keep reading that people like him because “he speaks his mind”…jesus.

12 Likes

Please Please do this. It will be wonderfully hilarious when Trump wins again. Thinking a third term now needs to be investigated.

I trust Trump implicently.

I know this is a few steps ahead, but I have a procedure question that I don’t know how to get an answer to.

Let’s say House votes and passes to impeach (which I personally hope they finally do). Can Mitch McConnell pull a “let the voters decide” punting tatic and simply not have the impeachment trial?

I’m referring to when he refused to give hearings to Merrick Garland. Technically there wasn’t a rule in the books preventing a speaker to do this. Can the same be done for impeachment trails?

7 Likes

Just saying, “impeachment inquiry” is the Minimum Viable Product of the 25th amendment.

13 Likes

But not your spell-check function, apparently.

O_o

37 Likes

ARGH! :slight_smile: dang it.

1 Like