Trump impeached — abuse of power & obstruction of congress

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/18/us-house-votes-to-impeach-trum.html

HOUSE VOTES FOR IMPEACHMENT IN HISTORIC VOTE

15 Likes

TRUMPEACHMENT!

10 Likes

Yeah, that’s a nice gesture.

But you know…

Also, anyone who didn’t see ridiculous shenanigans afoot needs to be slapped.

10 Likes

42 Likes

SUCK IT, TRUMP!!!
(This is a complete sentence)

20 Likes

Tulsi Gabbard- Christ, what an asshole!

37 Likes

Well this comes out of nowhere!

22 Likes

Yep - chimpeachment.

6 Likes

I guess conservative talking heads have been drinking since 3 in the afternoon to deal with this

19 Likes

There was 1 Republican vote up to impeach for a while - then it disappeared.

Wonder who it was - and who broke his legs to get the vote changed.

22 Likes

Yes, well, you do not work for an organization promoting intolerance toward and conversion therapy of LGBT folks (even if you later ‘change your position’) without being an irredeemable asshole who is morally unqualified to hold any public office.

18 Likes

There were 30 republican abstentions… if only that is how the Senate trial vote goes.

EDIT: Seemingly different counts exist from different sources (contrast the counts below the pic, with the counts in the pic).

13 Likes

Unlikely, but not completely impossible. Senate terms are 6 years, if Trump loses next year (or even if he wins) then by 2024 GOP senators might find their support for him an albatross around their necks. With luck some senators are doing that calculation right now.

6 Likes

Hillary Clinton’s comments about Tulsi being under the power of Russia aren’t looking quite so batshit now, are they…

22 Likes

I listened to most of the congresspeople who spoke today, Adam Schiff was standout amazing. (I couldn’t find his speech on the internet, maybe someone with better search skills can help here.) I’m ready to vote for him for POTUS in 2024. (After all, Bernie will probably be too old for a second term.)

4 Likes

21 Likes

Steny Hoyer was very good as well.

Most of the immediate Republican responses came from some sort of carnival barker.

The whole tenor of this thing was bizarre.

5 Likes
4 Likes

I would like to remind everyone that they need to really pressure their Senators to kick his ass to the curb. And if they don’t, you’ll kick their ass to the curb.

12 Likes

I mean, sort of. But any more bizarre than Newt Gingrich? Dennis Hastert? This level of depravity in the GOP has been shaping up for a long, long time. When things don’t get dealt with, they just get worse, and worse, and worse.

I hope that maybe now, progressive and decent people will realize just how stark the lines are, just how vile the GOP has become, and will work harder to keep them out of majority power. It’s tough, when the bad guys, surprise surprise, don’t play by the rules…

15 Likes